Kegging beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkbrewer

Reaction score
Ok I really want to try kegging my beer. Whats the best balance of cheap and well matured beer? I'm not sure whats involved in getting the beer into the keg. Once there can you use natural carbonation to get the job done or is a co2 tank required?

Darkbrewer said:
Ok I really want to try kegging my beer. Whats the best balance of cheap and well matured beer? I'm not sure whats involved in getting the beer into the keg. Once there can you use natural carbonation to get the job done or is a co2 tank required?

Once the brew has fermented just transfer it to the keg, I add approx 80-100g of suger mixed with water to prime the beer. This adds some C02 but I also add a C02/nitrogen gas bulb via a S30 pin valve cap. You get a nice creamy head on the beer just like the pub.

DB you realise that cornies are nt allowed to be kept singlely and unfortunately they multiply to a fair size family quickly! :lol:

:rofl: Man I'm already scoping out a 4 pk on ebay right now. The Missus doesn't like the idea.... Yet I think the wildberry wine will sway her to having my way with beer and wine.

DB, I'll send you some links to places in the US to get kegging equipment. I started kegging about a year ago and have not looked back. It is THE way to go.

Back