Just starting out on my Home Brew Journey!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Gilbert

Reaction score
Hello Brewers.

My name is Darren, and I've just started brewing after my lovely missus bought me an Ultimate Home Brew kit from Love Brewing. With the kit came a Beerworks Golden Rocket Pale Ale kit, which I've just bottled over this last weekend. I'm a complete newbie to home brew, so hope I've done the kit justice.

My favourite off the shelf (and in the pub) brew is Abbot Ale - and I love a good IPA.

Welcome the forum my son bought me a cider kit and home brew kit to get me into it been a learning experience but great fun and amazing what you can produce from very basic equipment, just remember time is your friend allow plenty of time the old 2-2-2 holds up well ie for kit 2 weeks in the fermentation bucket, 2 weeks carbonating and at least 2 weeks storage before you try it.
Some just get better with age Stout and Cider like to age a bit

Hello Brewers.

My name is Darren, and I've just started brewing after my lovely missus bought me an Ultimate Home Brew kit from Love Brewing. With the kit came a Beerworks Golden Rocket Pale Ale kit, which I've just bottled over this last weekend. I'm a complete newbie to home brew, so hope I've done the kit justice.

My favourite off the shelf (and in the pub) brew is Abbot Ale - and I love a good IPA.

I love a hand pulled abbot. Welcome.

I love a hand pulled abbot. Welcome.

@Twostage

This was mentioned in the what are you drinking tonight thread a few days ago i am not a big fan of bottled Abbot Ale as IMHO there are much better beers but our local used to do a good pint of Abbot and i would happily drink it all night (and have several times)

@Twostage

This was mentioned in the what are you drinking tonight thread a few days ago i am not a big fan of bottled Abbot Ale as IMHO there are much better beers but our local used to do a good pint of Abbot and i would happily drink it all night (and have several times)

I used to get the bottled stuff amongst other beers when I used to buy bottled beer. I quite liked it. The hand pulled version is lovely and creamy, really nice.

Latest posts

Back