Julian Assange

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure sharing national secrets and a horse whipping video are the same thing.
Assange played with fire and got burnt.

Assange wasn't the hero he was made out to be. Yes, there were some things that showed that the US Army don't always play by the rules, but that was only a fraction of what was being shared by Wikileaks. He was definitely let off lightly. Had the secret service wanted him gone, he would have been.

I'm not sure sharing national secrets and a horse whipping video are the same thing.
Assange played with fire and got burnt.

Assange wasn't the hero he was made out to be. Yes, there were some things that showed that the US Army don't always play by the rules, but that was only a fraction of what was being shared by Wikileaks. He was definitely let off lightly. Had the secret service wanted him gone, he would have been.
Didn't play by the rules. Slight understatement, they murdered innocent people.

Didn't play by the rules. Slight understatement, they murdered innocent people.
Oh I'm not going to play it down. I'm just saying that he chose to share things that had nothing to do with those issues.

And therein lies the issue. If you want to be a whistle blower, be a whistle blower.
The minute you step over the line where you use the opportunity to use spite, you've lost the moral high ground.

Back