Hops, my first go at harvesting Rhyzomes, now preped.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I planted my valentines present today into some pots along with challenger and redsells eastwell from essentially hops. I will be taking them down to my grandads farm in camarthenshire and thats where they will live.
IMG00206-20110216-1557.jpg

IMG00207-20110216-1613.jpg

thanks again :thumb:

Looks like Royal Snail has come up trumps with all but Commsbiff!
I'm pleased to hear it crossed the international border Taf. :thumb:
Looking good SC, nice pics.
Your other two roots are about half what I got off each bine (end of second growing season) :mrgreen:

evanvine said:
Looks like Royal Snail has come up trumps with all but Commsbiff!
No, they've arrived here too - I've just been far too busy at work to reply - sorry :oops: Thanks very much Jim, can't wait to get them planted.

Work's been a real work-sleep-work cycle for the last week or so :yawn:

Thanks again Jim, I'll let you know how I get on with them. :cheers:

Glad to see everyones got theirs ok now - mine arrived in UK address ok and are now enroute to Turkey - lets see if they get here without, a, customs inpounding em, b, some sneaky git nickin em!!
Will adivse in due course. :pray:

GRRRR!!!!!!!! BLOODY SNAIL MAIL!!!
Items sent 17 feb - returned to sender 23 feb package opened and resealed with staples and no reason given whatsever! Useless bunch of morons!!

Just been in contact with another postal service from |UK and it seems that flower and plant products are banned from UK export!!! Tossers - no site ive been on has any info on this and i have sent seeds etc here many times from all over the sodding world!!
Anybody know how long they can last out of the ground? got them in the fridge at the mo' in damp tissue - but got a friend who may be able to bring over in 2 months!!! :eek:
Maybe less if i can find someone coming over!!

Finally managed to contact some idiot at royal mail! seems the hops got to turkey and were sent back - but theres no restrictions on them so the only thing any of us can come up with is royal mail cocked up the addressing. Its not like UK style and cant be entered on computer systems as u do there. So going to have another go at sending it but with the correct aaddy on the package etc - grrr :hmm:

Absolutely gobsmacked - i cant believe whats just happened - i have just recieved my package from UK - 6.26p for an empty envelope and the cheeky git from turkish post was gonna get me to sign for it!! They sent the contents back?? work that out! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

screamlead said:
Absolutely gobsmacked - i cant believe whats just happened - i have just recieved my package from UK - 6.26p for an empty envelope and the cheeky git from turkish post was gonna get me to sign for it!! They sent the contents back?? work that out! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:( sorry to hear that, they`d grow like mad out there.

Brew went well I think, 82% efficiency, though discovered my apparent temperature measurement it a bit off. Top being OK then recirced and found what was at the bottom of tun was hotter. Not enough stirring. Hence arriving 1035 on the dot.

Anyway, thanks for the exchange. Maybe I should have worn a carnation or something :D

Wa-hey!!!!!
Look what postie just brought me to Turkey = 2nd time lucky and in pots already - thanks Jim you are a star m8. They look in gr8 condition considering they been in the mail for over 3 weeks ish!!!!!

DSCF8083.jpg

Latest posts

Back