Help with stainless steel thread size

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterMike

Reaction score
Hi folks, can someone please help me with this, I made an electric brewery and used two taps one to drain the boiler and I've to cut off and manage recirculation flow, I did use two half inch taps from a local hardware but they were nickel plated so I removed that using a 12 volt car battery charger and some acid, they came out great but the ball inside was still silver, it must be a chrome plated brass ball, would these taps fit regular 1/2 inch copper compression fittings?

JIVTO Stainless steel mini ball valve 1/2" BSP,male to male,shut off valve (pack of 2) https://amzn.eu/d/0629P7yO

Thanks 👍

I'm confused. Not the first time 😂. I think your taps are 1/2" BSP tapered male fittings. Might be wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️. 15mm compression fittings have 1/2" BSP parallel male threads. Ideally you need a 1/2" BSP female tapered connector for your taps. Not too clear on what you want to connect these taps to. Sorry if I've made you as confused as me 😂

I'm confused. Not the first time 😂. I think your taps are 1/2" BSP tapered male fittings. Might be wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️. 15mm compression fittings have 1/2" BSP parallel male threads. Ideally you need a 1/2" BSP female tapered connector for your taps. Not too clear on what you want to connect these taps to. Sorry if I've made you as confused as me 😂
Thanks for the info, definitely more confused now 😂, one tap is between the kettle and recirculating pump inline on a 15 or ½ inch copper pipe, the other tap is on a T that send wort out to the fermenter. They are standard plumbing fittings, think I'll just take my chances with the chrome ball in the valve, chrome must stand up pretty well to beer corrosion if beer taps are coated in it 🤔 I dunno though.

This pic is before I added a second tap.

Attachments

• IMG_20240626_223837.jpg
    IMG_20240626_223837.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
Bit of pfe tape or pipe sealant.

Edit. Ignore that previous. I was a bit confused by your first post.

Taper threads go into a boss or a nipple. You need a lever valve with ½ bsp both ends. I will find you a link tomoz.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back