Guinness

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledgehammer

Reaction score
Nat Geo +1 channel 527 @10:00
there visiting the guinness brewary
havn't watched it myself yet but might be intresting

steve

the brewery is amazing, it processes penguins then once fermented for 100 days the white bits float to the top and black bits to the bottom, magic

they keep refering to guinness as a porter
i allways thought it was a stout
am i wrong?

there was another thread about this guys, i think it was titled megafactories guiness. it was really good, that brewery is some size!

I had my first Guinesses in 25+ years last weekend. The bedroom was fooking stinking the next morning :sick: :P

The pint was fine, it was the after effects that was the problem. I tried to blame it on the curry id had but the same happened the next night too !! :-P

Went to the Guinness factory while on holiday in Ireland some years ago. Well worth a visit. Drinking a Pint while watching Dublin revolve around you in the tower top bar was an experience. The stuff we had over there is/was different to what you get/got over here. I'm not a Guinness/Stout lover but the Recipe in the Graham Wheeler book make a very drinkable pint of Stout.

lovely yummy guinness. i drink it at pubs that dont have the sense to sell real ale. when they used to brew it at Park Royal in London you could really taste the difference in the 2 breweries. the Irish stuff was far superior. probably why the Park Royal Brewery was closed down years ago :cheers:

I was fortunate to live in the West of Ireland for 10 years, there were 4 pubs in the local village, and there were different qualities of the Guinness between the 4 pubs, all of a very good standard mind you, but one was absolutely suberb. I wouldn't bother tyring to brew anything similar because I know it wouldn't be anything close. And yes the black stuff is refered to as porter. Also a "pint of plain is your only man" Brendan Behan (I think) :cheers:

Back