Greetings from a mad scientist

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a 23 year old married guy in Essex and for my birthday a couple days ago my family all put money together to buy me a homebrew kit, so I'm pretty stoked to try it. I'll be honest, the beer that came with it is just a generic bitter so I'm not expecting anything special but it'll be nice to have created my own brew. My wife and I can't wait to get it out into the barrel so we can start making some more interesting stuff, fruit wines and unusual beers but most importantly, I want to experiment - mainly with soft drinks, recreating old school drinks such as Dandelion and Burdock and organic colas using kola nut (without the cocaine).

As I learn and experiment I hope to contribute as much as I receive!

Jeremy

bobsbeer said:
Welcome Jeremy,

Lots to get stuck into, it's hard to know where to start. For wine try a WOW and beer try a Woodfordes.

I'll have a look into them :)

I'm not big one grape wines, more fruit and flower wines (had homemade elderflower champagne for my wedding!) I'll have a look into them. I'd like to get into using raw materials as soon as possible, I'm one of those risk taking sorts :)

devonhomebrew said:
welocme mate and soda that sounds awesome man how you going to do that pm if you want.

Honestly... I have no idea! Just going to learn the basic brewing process and then get the right ingredients: ginger, kola, anis, vanilla etc etc. I have literally only started on Monday so I know absolutely nothing :)

If you want to make cola you can listen to this american radio show which is an hour long and all about the "original recipe" of coke

You can find the radio show HERE and the recipe it self is HERE.

Jeremy,

There's no such thing as a mad scientist.

Only those whose theories have not yet been proven.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice to have some youth appreciation of hop & malt

RokDok

@RokDok and abey

Haha, thank you :)

Well, currently I do not work (looking!) so we need to find more economical ways to have a relaxing end of week drink :) thankfully, happily married!

Back