Ginger Beer Help.......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~lee~

Reaction score
Ok, where do I start...........

HELP........

I think that should cover it................... :lol:

Basically I had the amazing idea to do a ginger beer for xmas, but like all good ideas of mine I have no idea what i`m doing!!

I basically have had a wort brewing for about a week now and firmentation has slowed right down, its still bubbling through the lock but not very much. Should I be stirring the wort? I tried a little mouthfull last night just to see how it was going and it tasted very watery, will it condition a bit more as it continues to brew or will it get better once in the bottles with some sugar?

It has been sat in a water bath at a constant 24 degrees, what should I be doing :wha:

Any help or advice would be great!!

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Lee

What was your recipe?
What was the starting gravity, whats the gravity now?
If it's the same recipe I used first time ie. basically just sugar, ginger and lemon then it will turn out quite thin and dry. It improves if you add sugar syrup to it on drinking!

The recipe is from here..........

http://www.liquorcraft.com.au/webfiles/Liquorcraft/files/GingerBeer.pdf

The only thing I didn`t do was put in the Lactose as I don`t like the after taste from it and I don`t mind dry tasting drinks, I should imagine maybe a bit of honey and sugar when it goes into the bottles to condition will help too?

I`m not sure what the gravity was when I started (noob error) :oops: and have only just borrowed a hydrometer tonight to test where it is now (I`ll be doing this tomorrow)

Any Idea`s.............................Anyone?..................................Has stopped fermenting now so need to bottle tonight..............

Latest posts

Back