Football.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Landlord.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It has been said the super League was set up to save football as the young ones have little interest in watching and while I have no figures to back this up I do know my son and his friends which are all in their late teens early twenties have no interest whatsoever the super League may not have been the way forward and was handled badly but are they going to have to change the current set up to get new supporters watching?

I have 3 season tickets at Crystal Palace for me and my 2 lads. Costs less than a grand which for 3 x 19 matches is not too bad. Cheaper than going to Nandos on a Saturday afternoon.

Tickets at the Emirates on the other hand ... .

They've priced the younger end of the market out for at least 10 years so there's no flow through. I've only been able to afford to take my sons a couple of times. Theyd rather go bowling, swimming or to the cinema, which are all generally cheaper. My kids are early teens and are only really interested in the FIFA ultimate "gambling" team. Because we have seen it for what it is and nipped it in the bud their interest in football is dwindling.
There's a reason McDonald's do happy meals and I think footballs short termism will be it's downfall.

On a personal level my interest in football has fallen off a cliff. My main gripe is players going on strike to get their manager sacked. It's offensive to me and I won't waste my time with it. What other profession could you get away with that? That's before you even get into VAR, play acting or anything else.

Same here.
I haven't been to a game in years its way too expensive, I used to have Sky so did see the occasional game but the price got silly so I ditched that, streaming took over for a while but my ISP seems to have stopped most of that and watching a **** quality picture and stuttering streams soon got old I now listen on 5 live when I can.

Ironically I think this move to save football is actually the opposite of what they need. its moving to elistism..

The whole thing is odd and it collapsed pretty quick , but the notion was there which doesn't sit right. Makes you think this isn;t the end of it , just for now..

I was born 5 mins from Anfield in the early 80s and my dad took me to my first game there when I was about 4. By the time I’d got properly interested in going in my late primary school days to early teens, it was far too expensive for my dad to take me. It was only when I got a well paying job that I could afford to go. I’ve moved out of the North West now so logistics of going to the match are difficult. I tend to watch my local team up here if I do go, Stenhousemuir.

I was born 5 mins from Anfield in the early 80s and my dad took me to my first game there when I was about 4. By the time I’d got properly interested in going in my late primary school days to early teens, it was far too expensive for my dad to take me. It was only when I got a well paying job that I could afford to go. I’ve moved out of the North West now so logistics of going to the match are difficult. I tend to watch my local team up here if I do go, Stenhousemuir.
I used to go to Anfield 3 or 4 time's a year when it was just me. The last time I went was against West ham with my 3 sons. All in I would say for the weekend it cost me about 1600. Not cheap by any means

I found this online.

1619008147990.png

Interesting that Fulham, who are in one of the most expensive areas of London and therefore the UK (and a stone's throw from Chelsea), charges the least.

Same here.
I haven't been to a game in years its way too expensive, I used to have Sky so did see the occasional game but the price got silly so I ditched that, streaming took over for a while but my ISP seems to have stopped most of that and watching a **** quality picture and stuttering streams soon got old I now listen on 5 live when I can.

Have you thought about watching barrow? Can’t to to pricey?

It doesn't help that a lot of games are moved to late in the evening so kids can't watch them.

Price of sky sports is stupid. A streaming service for just games is the way forward.

It doesn't help that a lot of games are moved to late in the evening so kids can't watch them.

Price of sky sports is stupid. A streaming service for just games is the way forward.
That would be my thoughts as well. Something like Netflix.

That would be my thoughts as well. Something like Netflix.
Yes. Not sure how much sky sports are now but must he around £30, which is paying for 24/7 programmes that are repeated and nobody watches. Plus a system where all games are streamed would be better

I have never paid for satellite / cable, but if I could get a package that screened my teams games only, then I would be very interested, especially if more of the money went to the club.

Ironically I think this move to save football is actually the opposite of what they need. its moving to elistism..

The whole thing is odd and it collapsed pretty quick , but the notion was there which doesn't sit right. Makes you think this isn;t the end of it , just for now..
The problem Covrich is that these clubs have got themselves into a financial problem and created prima donna footballers. The top ten earn in excess of £350,000 per WEEK and that is what is driving it.
How can a working man justify paying £200 to take his family to watch these people who really do think they are worth that, at some point the bubble has got to burst you would think and let hope its soon. People have lost their jobs during a pandemic and these players have been paid whilst sitting on the sidelines THE WORLD is CRAZY

Back