First Extract Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSMCCKMC

Reaction score
Hey all,

Thought I would upload a couple of pictures from my first extract brew.

DSC00028.JPG

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

Thanks

KMC

Well I used the brew in a bag method as you may have gathered = )

I used a Belgian pale malt and Muntons light malt extract. The hops I used we're Stryian Goldings.

IBU = 22.9.
OG = 1.064
FG = 1.017
ABV = not sure = /

The taste, I'm not so good at picking out particular tastes right now but I would say it is very similar to hoegarden but a little more hoppy.

I am however over the moon with the result as I was expecting it to really not work.

Thanks for reading.

KMC

TSMCCKMC said:
Well I used the brew in a bag method as you may have gathered = )

I used a Belgian pale malt and Muntons light malt extract. The hops I used we're Stryian Goldings.

IBU = 22.9.
OG = 1.064
FG = 1.017
ABV = not sure = /

The taste, I'm not so good at picking out particular tastes right now but I would say it is very similar to hoegarden but a little more hoppy.

I am however over the moon with the result as I was expecting it to really not work.

Thanks for reading.

KMC

if you click on the calculator link on the top left hand side on the page and enter ur og and fg it tells you your abv, based on ur reading that would be 6.2%

ive got 2 more kits to do then i'd love to try an extract brew like this, the only thing is I dont have a clue what hops I like or what would go well together.I'll have a look on t'internet and see if i can find a guide on hops!

Back