Fermzilla

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch this guy, he's great! I've seen most of the Fermzilla videos on YouTube lol, trying to learn stuff. There's not much I don't know about it, I just can't do it. Need a new pair of hands and more patience :cool:

For me, the key is having two of those tools. One on the Jar, one on the collar. This gives you two handles that makes like easy.
I was lucky, I had one in the tool kit for removal of car oil filters.

For the record, i would have bought an all rounder or snub nose if the option has been available at the time. I only use the jar as a dry hopping port.

For me, the key is having two of those tools. One on the Jar, one on the collar. This gives you two handles that makes like easy.
I was lucky, I had one in the tool kit for removal of car oil filters.

For the record, i would have bought an all rounder or snub nose if the option has been available at the time. I only use the jar as a dry hopping port.

@Neil Whittaker how do you get the dry hops out when they're spent? I thought about putting them in a hop bag but not sure if the oils will get circulated very well like that. :confused.:

Ok forget that question lol. Myself and the husband have just spent the best part of 2 hours fighting to get the bottom bottle off, so not gonna use it now (it’s still not off but we’ve had to go out). Will use it for something else and just use the unit without it. What a waste of money. My husband wants to throw the whole thing in the bin. Stupidest contraption I ever came across. Anyone that wants to buy one, be warned, it’s a massive hassle.

Ok forget that question lol. Myself and the husband have just spent the best part of 2 hours fighting to get the bottom bottle off, so not gonna use it now (it’s still not off but we’ve had to go out). Will use it for something else and just use the unit without it. What a waste of money. My husband wants to throw the whole thing in the bin. Stupidest contraption I ever came across. Anyone that wants to buy one, be warned, it’s a massive hassle.
If neither of you have managed to get the bottle off over that time then you maybe better speaking to the supplier as to consider it faulty. It's not like you haven't researched it! I'm so sorry you're not having a good time with this- sending some optimistic thoughts your way 🤗.

Anna

Nope it was all in pieces Rod, and we've followed the instructions exactly. I never use anything without reading the manual and knowing the full spec first. But it's an impossible task to manage. Anyone that can manage it must be Arnold Schwarzenegger in disguise. However I reckon we could have been sent a returned unit that someone else has struggled with and radged up. Worth an email I suppose.

We broke the effing sweeping brush trying to get it off. What an absolute crock of sh!t! Don’t think I’ve ever been as cross or frustrated ever! Also kind of funny that it’s come to this! 😂

755B7195-B9C2-49D3-B568-0482578C4876.jpeg

Like I was saying earlier, they provide the tool and advise you to lubricate it because they know it’s not perfect and you have to faff with it. Take my advice, don’t get one! Get an all-rounder!

I love the concept of this Fermzilla and it does do the fermentation things it’s supposed to, but 9 out of 10 people don’t want or have time for this sort of rigmarole.

The husband says we need a vice 😂

The husband says we need a vice 😂
I think for everyone on this forum our vice would be considered home brewing - so you've got that one covered!

I for one am really sad to hear that you're not having a good time with the Fremzilla, you were so wonderfully enthusiastic I wanted it to be brilliant for you 🥳 . Seriously it sounds like it's faulty, there's no way it could be that difficult even within design tolerances.

100% faulty you do not break brushes of fermzilla's, contact your retailer, for a replacement.
Don't be put off, closed transfer brewing and kegging is a game changer in home brew!!

I haven’t given up on the pressure fermentation route though. Still think it’s a great idea, just don’t get on with this contraption I have here. I would love an all-rounder as it’s got all the things I know that work about the Fermzilla without all the hassle of the setup on the bottom.

I agree it may be faulty. I suspect though it’s a ‘second’. I’ll see what their customer service is like tomorrow! And you know me, I won’t be fobbed off!

Thank you everyone for trying to keep me sane. It’s been a hard day.

Latest posts

Back