Fermzilla 30L all rounder brew capacity...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venkman100

Reaction score
Hi. Can anybody please help. I have purchased a Fermzilla 30L all rounder. I have searched youtube and various forums. What is a suitable amount to ferment under presdure in one of these. I know it can depend on the amount of krausen, which can vary, and can be somewhat suppressed under pressure. Even the instructions don't appear to give any clues. Just looking for a guide to start with, then I can adjust up or down in future.
Thanks... Happy Brewing🍺

I think you have about 2 inches from filling to 30l before reaching the lid. Triple check yourself with the measure guide.

As for a suitable volume, I would say its dependant in yeast, wort and pressure. I always seem to have a reasonably calm krausen probably increases up the wall about 1 to 2 inches, I don't brew more than about 20l though so always have ample headspace and this is with and without pressure.

Knock a couple of brews out but keep them short and up the volume each time.

I think you have about 2 inches from filling to 30l before reaching the lid. Triple check yourself with the measure guide.

As for a suitable volume, I would say its dependant in yeast, wort and pressure. I always seem to have a reasonably calm krausen probably increases up the wall about 1 to 2 inches, I don't brew more than about 20l though so always have ample headspace and this is with and without pressure.

Knock a couple of brews out but keep them short and up the volume each time.
Thank you for the info. So do you think 23l would be ok or too much to start with. I am Kegging but like to brew a bit over in case I end up short, or if not bottle 2 or 3.......

Latest posts

Back