Fermenting capacity

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk34

Landlord.
Reaction score
Interested to find out how much fermenting capacity everyone has ?

I just bought a new fridge last month and I'm considering another one as I have to wait until the current one has cleared the fridge before brewing again.

Too many fermenters personally - one snubnose, six fermenter bins and one plastic wine fermenter, and about 6 demijohns. Sadly only one fermenting fridge that can fit the snubnose or two of the fermenting bins. I still use my office for room temperature fermenting, but earlier this year took advantage of the cold but not that cold to ferment two lagers in the shed in the back garden 😄 which worked really well. I think the collective term I went with in the end after canvasing opinion here, for a group of fermenters bubbling away was 'gas works' of fermenters athumb...

Interested to find out how much fermenting capacity everyone has ?

I just bought a new fridge last month and I'm considering another one as I have to wait until the current one has cleared the fridge before brewing again.
I have a capacity for six fermenters in a purpose built fermenting room but the problem is only one fridge for cold crashing so can have a bottle neck for about a week. Not that it does any harm.
001.JPG

Latest posts

Back