Expermental

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogaboogachief

Reaction score
I have a half gallon of water with one tsp of nutrient, one tsp,energizer, and 1/2 tsp acid blend with 2 cups of sugar and a half pack of 1118. No fruit juice or fruit of any kind just sugar water and yeast. It is really making gas and has for about four days now. It is cloudy at the present. I am going to let it go for a couple more days then add a package of Strawberry Koolade. The sg to start was 1095 Mike

This is called kilju, though I may have spelt that wrong, and kilju is generally wine strength or more, ISTR. From the previous threads I think it'll need that koolaid to be palatable. Should work out OK though.

My "alcowater" has been fermenting for nearly a month now, it really needs to be racked off, I must do that today... will be diluting it a bit to make it more alco-poppy and adding kool-aid and sweetner, and sugar to prime the bottles. I've heard that the yeast will consume the colours eventually, so it maybe won't look so cool after a while, but hopefully tasty. An experiment indeed :thumb:

hey ive done this, its brillant btw with sodastream concentrates!
, i used tesco value water containers for fermentors but never went past 6%. i Got the recipe from here

http://www.yobrew.co.uk/students_brew.php

the guy calls it "student brew" and makes really good alcoholic soda water (if put into bottles) with a hint of peach if youngs champagne yeast is used.

It has been getting after it got 9 days now. Added the flavor pack of strawberry a couple days back. Didn't slow it down a bit. Took a sample with a thief this eve and I think this is going to be pretty good for what it is. It is about 75 cents a gallon. Mike

Back