Dry hop?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I brewed this IPA last week, does the hive mind think it needs the dry hop or will it be a great beer without it?

Attachments

• 1000005028.jpg
    1000005028.jpg
    75 KB
Its beer, so try it & see like mashbag says.

For me it looks over strong, over hopped and too much crystal (dark) for an English IPA.

But then the modern thinking is that anything lighter in colour than a porter is IPA, so what do I know?

Too much hoppage for me in this style I also believe no crystal was used but hey ho with modern adaptions.
The one thing I would consider is that English IPA's allegedly were transported for up to 3 months so that would give it time to mellow maybe as Target can be a harsh bitter hop too

I'm a great fan of Challenger, but it doesn't add much to the nose - dry hop if you want a hoppier aroma, but I often use the Challenger/EKG combination and it works for flavour.

split batch? one with one without .

then compare for next time.

thats what i often try

Well I've just tried it, and it is very dry fg is 1.007, ABV 6.6%. I don't think I will bother with the dry hop, it is very drinkable. Next brew is crossmyloof Pliny the elder kit

Back