Deer love spent grains

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do I. The problem is, when they were done with that, they helped themselves to our shrubs! :nono:

We have neighbours who keep chickens - they love it but don't come back for our shrubs :thumb:

Nah . . . Get a rifle :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I give mine to the pig man who comes and collects waste wood from the ondustrial estate were I work. He keeps promising me sausages but I am still waiting.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
rattus norvegicus and rattus rattus, brown and black rats, also like spent grain, not to mention mice ;) Not feeding and encouraging any of them to come to my place, not even the mice :lol: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Most animals like it, especially springer spaniels if you leave the lid off for a minute. Doesn't do em any good next day mind :lol:
No I take mine to a poultry mate, let him have the problems ;) Mind you like Grays I am also waiting for my reward, a few eggs would be nice never mind sausages. :) I bet he thinks he is doing me a favour getting rid of it for me, ;) tight gits some of these agricultural type. :lol:
S

Springer said:
No I take mine to a poultry mate, let him have the problems ;) Mind you like Grays I am also waiting for my reward, a few eggs would be nice never mind sausages. :) I bet he thinks he is doing me a favour getting rid of it for me, ;) tight gits some of these agricultural type. :lol:
S

I did get four packets of papadums the other week from him, he collects them from a factory in Trafford Park for the pigs along with milk from a dairy on our estate. He takes all my wood cuttings and wood from a carpentry business next to me.

But still no sausages :lol: :lol:

Id watch out with the dogs they love the grain and thats all good but if they get greedy and find some spent hops they can give up the ghost very quickly, something to do with hops raise body temp and dogs cant handle it coz they cant pant hard enough to loose the heat
:thumb:
I have a free range chicken farm collect them, they leave a tray of eggs in its place.

Thanks for that S. no the dogs don't get any unless my back is turned, they are opportunists and don't miss a trick. ;) They get a proper balanced diet, by the bag.
He collects and leaves eggs............think I need to renegotiate, can't loose from where I'm stating. :lol:

Live in hope G, all comes to them that wait, even sausages. :lol:

The boss of the carpentry business gets a leg of pork or ham, mind you he gives him a transit van full of wood and sawdust a week. Might have to up my production of beer :whistle: :whistle:

Your copped for a bag of scratchings yet Grays. :pray: :lol:
S

Latest posts

Back