decisions decisions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy994

Reaction score
i am toying with doing a black rock kit either dark ale or nut brown, does anyone have any opinions on the kits...and more importantly the taste?

my fermenter is looking like my wallet at the mo...empty!! :)

Hey Billy,
Haven't tried it her but I've just thrown in a Nut Brown Ale so ill let you know how I go in around 6 x weeks! ;) this is brew no 3 for me, the first two were Coopers Real Ale. For the Nut Brown I've used 500g Dextrose, 500g LME and Safale S-04 yeast :cool:

O.G was 1.036....bit low? Not sure if this was to do with the combination of dextrose and LME or not?

hi froidy,
made the decision its gonna be a nut brown as well, i have a coopers stout not long bottled (think i under-carbonated) and a coopers dark ale still in the tin. Coopers are good, but dont want to just do that brand....and the choice is unreal!! :D

billy994 said:
hi froidy,
made the decision its gonna be a nut brown as well, i have a coopers stout not long bottled (think i under-carbonated) and a coopers dark ale still in the tin. Coopers are good, but dont want to just do that brand....and the choice is unreal!! :D

Hey billy994, how did you get on with your Black Rock Nut Brown last year - I've one in the FV as I speak. After a vigorous couple of days fermenting, my yeast decided to have a wee break. Managed to get it going again last night!

Back