Dark Rock kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came with a hop bag, a vacuum packed bag of hops, a sachet of pure brew and a pack of yeast if I remember correctly. Also, always brewed with the “enhancer” for the product, the IPL using a different enhancer to the others. In fairness, the IPL (so far, as it’s still fresh and not conditioned long) so far seems to be better than the others even though I am not really a lager fan. My “go to” west coast ipa is Muntons Flagship range at 7% abv and will take some beating.
Sounds the same as my kits. I read an old review of the Citra a while ago and they said that hop boost was included with the kit. I emailed Dark Rock to query it with them and they said they'd stopped including it....

Cheers Tom

Sounds the same as my kits. I read an old review of the Citra a while ago and they said that hop boost was included with the kit. I emailed Dark Rock to query it with them and they said they'd stopped including it....

Cheers Tom
What concerned me most is that they have changed the can of malt extract included with the Citra to the same one as in all the rest of the kits.

What concerned me most is that they have changed the can of malt extract included with the Citra to the same one as in all the rest of the kits.
I can't really comment on that as the ones I have are my first order.
I wonder if anyone else on this thread has a lot of two that they could compare the product codes?

Cheers Tom

Came with a hop bag, a vacuum packed bag of hops, a sachet of pure brew and a pack of yeast if I remember correctly. Also, always brewed with the “enhancer” for the product, the IPL using a different enhancer to the others. In fairness, the IPL (so far, as it’s still fresh and not conditioned long) so far seems to be better than the others even though I am not really a lager fan. My “go to” west coast ipa is Muntons Flagship range at 7% abv and will take some beating.
P.S. (@dowden87) will be Peter 😉
I've brewed alot of the session series kits and they've all been great for me. Currently on a batch of west coast that is 8.3 weeks in the bottle and the hop flavour is superb. So fruity and really fresh tasting. It's very well ballanced, nice fruity hop flavour with a dry back end. As was mentioned I got gifted this kit from a fellow brewer and it was one of the older kits that included hop boost :-)

Latest posts

Back