Dark Farm or more automated

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've been brewing kits for a while now. I believe I have I have fermentation and forced carbonating down well enough to move on to brewing.
I have a good budget so am considering a Dark Farm 40L explorer pack.
I would like to hear anyone's opinion on this kit which seems very good, compared to the more mainstream automated equipment with access to online recipes.
I like the idea of the Thermomix type downloading of recipes to the equipment (yes being lazy can be my thing) but I also like the probable life span of the Dark Farm and being able to replace components if need be.
Any advice or links to existing discussions would be much appreciated before money leaves the bank.

I think it is a fantastic bit of kit ,i like the simplicity of it and it should last a long time ,also you can add to it as you go ,(i will be getting a inline filter when they are back in stock) i can't see that i should ever have to change . I also love the ease that one person can lift the malt pipe and the legs hook over the lip ,there are also no built in electronics to have a nervous breakdown , go for it ,you won't be disappointed ,

Back