Summer Passionfruit Gose...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cracked one tonight after work. Very pleased with it. Extremely refreshing, well carbonated and all flavours in balance. Will become a regular summer beer to offer visitors I feel, especially to those who 'don't like beer'... 🙂
View attachment 77483

Already got one admirer. This is Jim the Wiltshire ram. He's not a bad joker, but a massive sex pest, will mount anything... 😄
View attachment 77484
Don't drop your bottle in the paddock then!!

OK
Showing off, but just won a competition with this on Saturday. I only entered it at last moment as found a couple in the garage.
Of course the 2 beers I brewed specifically for the comp got nowhere.... 😄

Pleased others like it though. Quite chuffed...

That time of year again. I just brewed this again, but using Philly sour yeast this time. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Certainly easier. Been 3 days in the fermenter and only just started bubbling, seems normal from what I've read, apparently first stage is lactic acid production.

I'm adding more passionfruit but only because the packaging has changed, but not the price (shrinkflation).
Last time I used 3 x 500g bags, this time 4 z 450g, so 1800 vs 1500g total...

That time of year again. I just brewed this again, but using Philly sour yeast this time. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Certainly easier. Been 3 days in the fermenter and only just started bubbling, seems normal from what I've read, apparently first stage is lactic acid production.

I'm adding more passionfruit but only because the packaging has changed, but not the price (shrinkflation).
Last time I used 3 x 500g bags, this time 4 z 450g, so 1800 vs 1500g total...
Hopefully ready for the beer festival.

It's a weird yeast. Starred bubbling yesterday but stalled. I had it at the lower end of fermentation temp though (20 - 30 degs), so bumped it up to 25 degs this morning and roused the yeast. Seems to be ticking away again...

I've used it a few times, does nothing to start with then a very creamy white barm, this then dies down and the yeast converts over from acid production to alcohol production and then plods on.
I actually threw in some Kveik flakes after the acid phase on one of my beers and then bumped the temp up to 28.

It will be the clearest beer you've ever made in time.

Latest posts

Back