Crossmyloof

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This forum baffles me at times. A message to inform members that CML are closing down so the owners can retire, after a couple of "i wish them all the best messages" the usual suspects show up and cause an argument out of nothing spoiling yet another thread, this time getting upset because someone's else's speculation differs from their own 🙄

What baffles me is we have a report system but members rarely use it preferring to challenge the "usual suspects" in the thread which will no doubt lead to more of the same, If you don't like a post for whatever reason report it the mod team we will then discuss it and will decide if it stays or not.

Last edited:
Just so there is no speculation i retired at 63 due to a huge stroke of luck, i had my notice in my back pocket in November 2016 and they called a big meeting of all staff long short they were entering into a cva or what ever it was and i was the first to volenteer 2017 oi was out out the door with a nice wad in the bank, and i have loved every minute of it well most 71 now and still chugging along acheers. clapaclapaathumb..

What baffles me is we have a report system but members rarely use it preferring to challenge the "usual suspects" in the thread which will no doubt lead to more of the same, If you don't like a post for whatever reason report it the mod team we will then discuss it and will decide if it stays or not.

The reason that I don't report these type of posts is that they are not offensive per se and therefore there is nothing to report. They are merely argumentative amongst the usual suspects which detracts from the purpose of the thread.

If everyone reported posts they disagreed with, I'm sure the mods wouldn't appreciate the additional work.

Sad news. Does anyone know how long dried yeast can last, perhaps in the freezer?
Can you freeze packs of dried yeast to keep them long term?
Sorry, meant to answer the practical question. Save your freezer space for hops, the best place for yeast at home is in the fridge. But even at ambient the lifespan of dry yeast from the big manufacturers is measured in years - I once made bread with some dry bread yeast that had been at the back of a cupboard for 20 years and it had maybe 40% activity.

Repacked yeast won't be quite as durable, but fridging it should make up for that.

The reason that I don't report these type of posts is that they are not offensive per se and therefore there is nothing to report. They are merely argumentative amongst the usual suspects which detracts from the purpose of the thread.

If everyone reported posts they disagreed with, I'm sure the mods wouldn't appreciate the additional work.
I wouldn't call it an argument, more a discussion started by the vendor CML Although selling the business is not our priority, if anyone fancies taking over Crossmyloof Brew, processing 2 tonnes of hops, countless yeast packs, and hundreds of grain recipe kits for over 11,000 orders annually, let us know!
As selling the business isn't a priority I think it could be open to speculation that the company was more of a business for the love of brewing. If good profits had been made, the business would undoubtedly have been on the market.
I think it would be worth someone wanting some pin money the yeast would be worth a crack if Bevie is packaging it. Reading the posts the yeast seems to be in demand. Easy to store and just post out no labour necessary.

Service has never been in question. Its excellent.

Separate conversation.. Is it a good business to purchase.

Perhaps a separate thread.

But I am not sure I can report something just because I disagree with it a discussion.

Purposely posting to take a thread off topic or trolling is enough of a reason to have a post removed posts do not have to be "offensive" to be removed as i said all you have achieved by posting your view about the "usual suspects" is more of the same causing the thread to go further off topic.

As i said above its not about reporting posts you disagree with its about as you suggested earlier the "usual suspects" showing up to cause an argument or troll a thread no moderator is going to see that as a waste of time and its not going to turn into additional work we rarely get any reports i cannot see that changing.

Last edited:
Purposely posting to take a thread off topic or trolling is enough of a reason to have a post removed posts do not have to be "offensive" to be removed as i said all you have achieved by posting your view about the "usual suspects" is more of the same causing the thread to go further off topic.

I was actually replying to your post where you posed the question about people not reporting posts. You have answered my question that posts don't need to be offensive to be moderated - thank you but no need to be snippy

Without wishing to contradict anything that's been said above, I've followed this thread with interest and, while it might be embarrassing for Steve to have to witness his business model being picked over by the vultures, he did invite interest in his business. The debate seems perfectly sober and decent as far as I can see.

We've had some right old barnies in the past: see, brexit, see over-moderation etc, where things have got quite heated, but not here. I think there are very few members who go out with the intention of "trolling" (although I suspect one) and remember that one man's perceived trolling is another man's genuine indignation.

There.
.... And don't get chippy with me, Snippy Tea! :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

I think we have covered it now so a Drunkan said earlier -

1728385342438.png

I ordered from the CML website last night I believe they will run the website and then switch to Amazon and Ebay only to clear the remaining stock

Back