Crossmyloof

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This forum baffles me at times. A message to inform members that CML are closing down so the owners can retire, after a couple of "i wish them all the best messages" the usual suspects show up and cause an argument out of nothing spoiling yet another thread, this time getting upset because someone's else's speculation differs from their own 🙄

What baffles me is we have a report system but members rarely use it preferring to challenge the "usual suspects" in the thread which will no doubt lead to more of the same, If you don't like a post for whatever reason report it the mod team we will then discuss it and will decide if it stays or not.

Last edited:
Just so there is no speculation i retired at 63 due to a huge stroke of luck, i had my notice in my back pocket in November 2016 and they called a big meeting of all staff long short they were entering into a cva or what ever it was and i was the first to volenteer 2017 oi was out out the door with a nice wad in the bank, and i have loved every minute of it well most 71 now and still chugging along acheers. clapaclapaathumb..

What baffles me is we have a report system but members rarely use it preferring to challenge the "usual suspects" in the thread which will no doubt lead to more of the same, If you don't like a post for whatever reason report it the mod team we will then discuss it and will decide if it stays or not.

The reason that I don't report these type of posts is that they are not offensive per se and therefore there is nothing to report. They are merely argumentative amongst the usual suspects which detracts from the purpose of the thread.

If everyone reported posts they disagreed with, I'm sure the mods wouldn't appreciate the additional work.

Sad news. Does anyone know how long dried yeast can last, perhaps in the freezer?
Can you freeze packs of dried yeast to keep them long term?
Sorry, meant to answer the practical question. Save your freezer space for hops, the best place for yeast at home is in the fridge. But even at ambient the lifespan of dry yeast from the big manufacturers is measured in years - I once made bread with some dry bread yeast that had been at the back of a cupboard for 20 years and it had maybe 40% activity.

Repacked yeast won't be quite as durable, but fridging it should make up for that.

Back