Crossmyloof

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They open to selling the business.
That’s what they say. If anyone fancies taking over Crossmyloof Brew, processing 2 tonnes of hops, countless yeast packs, and hundreds of grain recipe kits for over 11,000 orders annually, let us know!
I can't see it being worth anything.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if this excellent business was not taken over.

How do you know it is excellent?
My guess is they are selling because it is a lot of hard graft for a minimal return. Packing, repacking, packing and posting low margin items?
Maybe a cottage industry that got out of hand, but couldn't grow.

It is a shame but I don't think it's the sort of thing you could organise as a collective/community operation.

I too will really miss them.

Last edited:
They recently moved from Crossmyloof to another part of Glasgow because I assume their volume of orders increased. I agree the workload vs margins are going to unsustainable long term.

How do you know it is excellent?
My guess is they are selling because it is a lot of hard graft for a minimal return. Packing, repacking, packing and posting low margin items?
Maybe a cottage industry that got out of hand, but couldn't grow.

It is a shame but I don't think it's the sort of thing you could organise as a collective/community operation.

I too will really miss them.
Hi Mashbag, they are an excellent business from a customer pov, and that seems to be the unanimous view of this thread.

I certainly have no insight into their books, but as a customer I've always felt they could charge us brewers a little more.

Back