Covid

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you have the latest vaccine

• Yes - I am over 65 so qualify.

• Yes - Under 65 - I work in NHS, care-home, social-care or suffer from problems with immune system.

• No - I am over 65 but i don't believe in Vaccines i will take a chance.

• I am not over 65 if i was i would not have it.

• I am not over 65 if i was i would have it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Landlord.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SWMBO went to the local shop earlier and its closed all staff have covid so it wont be open for a while, i thought that has to be BS so checked and here we go again -

It says below you only qualify for the vaccine if you are 65+ so i guess you have to pay if you are under that age, I had all the vaccines and boosters and caught it once i didn't even know i had it until i did a test because my son had it i don't think i will bother this time i will not pay for it.

New XEC Covid variant starting to spread

People have started catching a new Covid variant that could soon take off and become the dominant type, according to scientists.
Identified in Germany, in June, cases of the XEC variant have since emerged in the UK, US, Denmark and several other countries, say users on X,, external formerly known as Twitter.
It has some new mutations that might help it spread this autumn, although vaccines should still help prevent severe cases, experts say.
For those more likely to become seriously ill from Covid, the NHS offers a free booster shot.
The vaccines have been updated to better match recent variants, although not XEC, which has emerged from earlier Omicron subvariants.
Prof Francois Balloux, Director of the Genetics Institute at University College London, told BBC News that although XEC has a "slight transmission advantage" over other recent Covid variants, vaccines should still offer good protection.
He says it is possible XEC will become the dominant subvariant over the winter though.

'Taking charge'

Director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute, in California, Eric Topol says XEC is "just getting started".
"And that's going to take many weeks, a couple months, before it really takes hold and starts to cause a wave," he told the LA Times.
"XEC is definitely taking charge.
"That does appear to be the next variant.
"But it's months off from getting into high levels."

What are the symptoms of XEC Covid?

Symptoms are thought to be the same cold or flu-like ones as before:
  • a high temperature
  • aches
  • tiredness
  • a cough or sore throat
Most people feel better within a few weeks of Covid but it can take longer to recover.
There has been "strong growth" of XEC in Denmark and Germany, Covid data analyst Mike Honey says on X, external.
There is far less routine testing than before, making it difficult to know how much Covid might be around.
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) says it is normal for viruses to mutate and change.

People qualifying for a free booster vaccine include:
  • adults aged 65 years and over
  • those living in a care home for older adults
  • those over the age of six months in a clinical risk group
  • some front-line NHS, care-home and social-care workers

People who have a weakened immune system are also eligible for the vaccine, although there is a criteria, some of which can be seen here:

• Organ, bone marrow or stem cell transplant patients
  • Those being treated with systemic steroids for more than a month
  • Those living with HIV
  • Those receiving immunosuppressive or immunomodulating biological therapy, including children who are about to receive therapy
  • Those undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy
  • Those who require long-term treatment for immunosuppression
  • Those with a history of haematological malignancy including chronic leukaemia, lymphomas, and leukaemia
  • Those with genetic disorders affecting the immune system

The main vaccination drive for flu and Covid, external will start in October, although some may receive their shots earlier.
Dr Gayatri Amirthalingam, UKHSA Deputy Director, said: “It is normal and expected for viruses to genetically change over time. UKHSA continues to monitor all available information relating to emerging Covid variants in the UK and internationally, and to publish our data regularly.
“Vaccination provides the best protection against serious illness from COVID-19, and we urge those who are contacted by the NHS to come forward to receive their autumn vaccine.”

BBC News.

Last edited:
I'm certainly not in the at risk group/s and I'm 43 so age is (somewhat) on my side.

Saying that, I worked as a (commercial) cleaner throughout the pandemic, still went to work every day in my utterly useless, government mandated, facemask. I was never actually tested but pretty sure I had Covid twice, it amounted to little more than mild cold like symptoms with a bit of a cough (my wife and two kids all had the same, at the same time, we were all largely unfazed).

I said it then and I'll say it now (this time after a wealth of evidence to support my opinion has emerged!) the so called 'vaccines' are more trouble than they're worth.

No clot shot for me thank you!

My view is COVID has basically become like flu it’s endemic in the population and new strains will constantly circulate some more nasty than others, but for an average healthy adult it will be at worst deeply unpleasant rather than putting people in hospital. It wouldn’t surprise me if within a few years we don’t see a combined single flu/covid booster being rolled out.

Given how much they are charging for COVID boosters to those of us who don’t qualify for a free jab I likely won’t bother but if it starts coming down to flu vaccine like prices (or better yet work starts paying for it like they do for flu jabs) then I would get it.

I currently have COVID. My son brought it back from Budapest. Half hour car ride was all it took. I'm not too bad. Blocked nose, bit tired, bit achy, mild cough, but I have been fairly active. Not staying in bed.

I have lymphoma so I qualify for the vaccines. I've had all the vaccines except I didn't get the spring one just didn't get around to it. I will get the autumn vaccination when I get my flu jab. I can never know how it would affect me if I didn't get the jabs. But due to the lymphoma I tend to get very sick whenever I come down with something, and I've had COVID twice now and it's been mild. So who knows.

Mother in law (85) also has it. She has had all the vaccines. She described it as the sickest she has ever been in her life. Still quite unwell.

I had the shingles vaccine last week, and I felt much sicker with that than with COVID. Two days in bed. But I had shingles twenty years ago, and I actually believe it was the start of my lymphoma. I was sick for two months with shingles and still bear the scars and nerve damage.

Those under 65 may change their mind when they get older. The old immune system does start to let you down.

Just my thoughts.

No clot shot for me thank you!
My mate who was a fit 53 year old died on the 8th of January 2021.
He contracted Covid in December 2020 when the first vaccines were being introduced.
He was obviously too young to be offered the vaccine then.
His death was caused by blood clots that were result of having Covid !!

My mate who was a fit 53 year old died on the 8th of January 2021.
He contracted Covid in December 2020 when the first vaccines were being introduced.
He was obviously too young to be offered the vaccine then.
His death was caused by blood clots that were result of having Covid !!
I'm sorry for your loss.

Although I've not seen any 'official' confirmation, I've personally known two people who were otherwise reasonably fit who had the vaccines as a precaution and subsequently (within two or three months) passed away from massive strokes due to blood clots on the brain.

The fact that most of the big pharma companies have withdrawn the vaccines as they were deemed 'unsafe' is a huge red flag.

I'm not a tinfoil hatter who's suggesting there are mind controlling microchips in the syringes, but with regards to potentially deadly side effects it's just not worth the risk in my opinion.

The statistics speak for themselves.

A friend of mine has been battling Long Covid for years now. He was super-fit and in his mid 40s when he got it. Got covid before the vaccines were developed. It has been extremely grim for him and he is only very slowly recovering. Someone else I know lost his dad to Covid, again before the vaccines were developed. He was in his early 70s.

The vaccines saved millions of lives. I think I'll listen to the medical experts and follow whatever guidance they give!

I'm sorry for your loss.

Although I've not seen any 'official' confirmation, I've personally known two people who were otherwise reasonably fit who had the vaccines as a precaution and subsequently (within two or three months) passed away from massive strokes due to blood clots on the brain.

The fact that most of the big pharma companies have withdrawn the vaccines as they were deemed 'unsafe' is a huge red flag.

I'm not a tinfoil hatter who's suggesting there are mind controlling microchips in the syringes, but with regards to potentially deadly side effects it's just not worth the risk in my opinion.

https://www.hriuk.org/health/your-h...avirus-are-at-risk-of-blood-clots-and-strokes

An interesting read, but, as with many such studies it is rather contradictory and there's an awful lot of ambiguous language used.

From the article:

'Why does COVID-19 cause blood clotting?

One theory is that the increased rate of blood clots in COVID-19 is simply a reflection of being particularly unwell and immobile.

In severe COVID-19, the immune system appears to go into overdrive. This could lead to the unchecked activation of cells that typically stop blood clotting.

However, whether this is the case with COVID-19 remains to be investigated.'

So, I'm rather inclined to believe that Covid as a stand alone affliction is, for the vast majority, completely harmless.
People who are already seriously ill/immuno compromised could well have a great deal of trouble with it as they would with the flu or even a bad cold.

Unfortunately there are always going to be exceptions to the rule, for the most part however, it certainly appears that the 'vaccines' are (statistically) more dangerous than the virus unless you're already very ill.

I won't be having anymore vaccinations for COVID.
Had the first 2 and a booster because at that point, we had an elderly relative who was at high risk. Unfortunately, even after getting vaccinated, we couldn't see her as the nursing home wouldn't allow visitors unless through a window. She died since and not due to COVID.

My friends brother had to get vaccinated or risk losing his job (travelling abroad twice a month). He developed heart issues weeks after getting it and is now on medication, likely for life. The doctor in the Nederland's (where he collapsed in work) said the issue is 99% due to the vaccination.

I never caught it. I had to test weekly for work. The wife was having to test weekly, she also never had it.

If it comes to lockdowns again then this time I'll be ignoring them as, as a family, we missed out on a lot of things which we can never get back whilst the members of the government at the time ****** about and made billions.

I'm sorry for your loss.

And do you know that they hadn't already had COVID? Risk of clotting post-COVID multiple times higher than any of the vaccinations.

And do you know that they hadn't already had COVID? Risk of clotting post-COVID multiple times higher than any of the vaccinations.
I don't know for sure, no.

What I can confirm though is, I've had it, so have my wife and kids. We're all unvaccinated and it was very mild, we're all still in good health.

People I knew to have been vaccinated didn't fare so well.

Regardless of what any 'expert' pontificates to the contrary, I'll rely on my own experiences and steer clear of the (widely recalled due to being deemed unsafe) vaccines.

Latest posts

Back