Coopers, English Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update guys I've just done another hyrometer reading and it's still sitting at 1.004 and have had no airlock movement since Tuesday

So going to transfer into my secondary vessel tomorrow and going to leave it till midweek next week to bottle

Hello Larry did you use sugar or just the syrup as well as enhancer ,going to start this in next few days
Thanls

Hello Larry did you use sugar or just the syrup as well as enhancer ,going to start this in next few days
Thanls

Hi Ben, on my first Coopers English Bitter I used 1kg Youngs Beer enhancer and 454g of Lyons Golden Syrup. On my second I used 1kg Youngs BE and 300g of honey. My first one came out about 6.2% and my second about 7%. I used Wilko Gervin yeast on both of them. It's a great beer to either add a hop tea to or to dry hop and it's very drinkable very early.

thanks larry going to try with syrup and a hop tea (fuggles) never used hopes before so see how it comes out ,I bottle in 500ml whens best to add hops tea bag to brew or add liquid to brew

Ben, this time of year I don't dry hop as once I seal the FV I don't crack the lid again to avoid infection. I boil the hops and add the tea and hop bag to the FV as I'm adding the other ingredients. You can use the hop tea to rinse out the tin, it's worked well enough for me that I'm sticking with this for the moment.

Latest posts

Back