coopers carbonation drops advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluffer

Reaction score
Hi, just on my forth batch of beer and have made each batch different from the previous when priming for bottling. I have added sugar in the following ways, adding per bottle/mixing whole batch and now want to try the coopers carbonation drops.
My problem is this.
1, The brew is coopers larger
2, The pet bottles i have are coopers 500ml
3, the carbonation drops are again coopers
On the back of the packet the dosage is one drop per 375ml or two per 750ml, SO WHAT IS 500ml. These things are like Foxes Glacier Mints!!!! have i really got to smash these things up?

Any advice is very much appreciated as always

Seeing as you're doing a lager I would probably just use 2 in each bottle, if it was an ale i'd use 1 per bottle. Never used them myself as I think they're bit of a gimmick and more expensive than sugar. Get them used up then just use ordinary household sugar, you'll get the same results but for a cheaper price b :thumb:
:cheers:

Thanks eggman, I thought the same thing when i brought them but just mixing things up as i go along. I think using one is probably the best way to go.

Thanks again.

I tried them on some of my first brew. I found they under carbonated the beer at 1 per 500mls bottle. But I also batch primed a larger portion of the brew with half a tsp sugar per 500ml and achieved a much better result.

Back