Coopers Australian Larger

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomerang Bender

Reaction score
I have just bottled a brew today first time I have brewed this one it was clearing well after 14 days in the fv I will condition it for early next year. I have also started a Coopers European Larger the recomended time for conditioning is 12 weeks so I will leave it until next easter.

Drinking.
Nelsons Revenge
Smuglers Gold

Conditioning
Beaverdale white Wine
Grundy,s White wine

The were brewing the same kit, this is my first coopers kit. Heard allot of great stuff about it!
Good luck mate :cheers:

I picked up a can of the Coopers Euro Lager - hoping to put this one into my King Keg which I acquired recently. However, the instructions only refer to bottling. Now I tend to stick with the instructions, but surely there is no reason to not keg this. Unless someone is in the know on this subject. What would be the recommended amount of priming sugar?

Have you noticed whether its a top or bottom fermenting yeast thats supplied with it ? In fact , how does one tell ? I used a MuariBrew Lager yeast the other day , labelled as bottom ferment and it threw a good rocky head up in the first day or two . I dont know whats normal for lagers as I have never really focussed on them before now ..... :wha: :wha:

I think thats down to the kits own yeast . You can make lager of a sort with nottingham yeast in the lower range of its working temp . I think that a lot of the kits are supplied with a top working yeast for speed and ease . If you were to substitute the kits yeast for a true lager one , well , things might be different . But Im no expert ...... :?

:thumb: Good choice. Had coopers pilsner and coopers Aus lager. I have around 8 bottles left and will put them in storage for next summer [ BTW will they be okay at a year old]As i sup dark ales and bitters and stouts in winter. But will be buying a coopers lager next year.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back