Cooper Irish Stout/ Dry Malt Extract?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teabicky

Reaction score
Hi. I am thinking of having a go at Coopers Irish Stout for my next brew. In the product information it states:

Intended to be mixed with 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt and 300g Brewing Sugar

For my last brew (John Bull IPA) i just used household sugar, which has turned out great, but for this I might go with the guidelines as I feel that a stout might really benefit from it - I like stout with lots of body.

I have looked for Coopers Light Dry Malt but can only find their Light Malt Extract, which I am guessing is not the same. So my question is what could I use instead, that will get good results?

All advice welcome and my thanks in advance.

I've got this in the FV at the moment.

I used 1kg of Munton's Beer kit Enhancer, which is half n half light dry malt & sugar.

Figure the extra sugar will give a little more alcohol, and seemed easier :thumb:

I'm hoping to bottle/keg it in the next few days.

Actually consider using 1Kg of Muntons Dark Spraymalt . . .makes a big improvement to the kit . . .or go 500g Dark spraymalt and 300g sugar

Decisions, decisions!!

The idea of going with a dark malt makes sense to me, although the product bumf says otherwise. I'm still not sure, although it seems that the world is my oyster (Mmmmmm).

thats a nice drop, with beer kit enhancer 1Kg ( spray dry malt and glucose)and a couple of months in the bottle.
enjoy :drink:

Latest posts

Back