commercial keg to cornelius keg conversion

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davebispham81

Reaction score
hi all, does anyone know if it is possible to convert a commercial beer keg for use with my home brew, i wouldn`t of thought it would be all that difficult but i cant find anything on google relating to the subject, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Duplicate thread deleted, but I can't answer your question, sorry.

sorry about posting twice mate i ended up back on here through a google search and hit post new without thinking, much apologies. As for no one being able to answer my question i can only imagine that means either no one knows how or no one wants to admit they do it because they are using stolen keg, either way i see a profit here if i can figure it out...watch this space lads :party:

Actually I do know someone that has done it successfully . . but it involved having some custom threaded 'nipples made that were then soldered onto the Sanke (using TIG welding and filling the sanke with Argon) . . . the Corny posts then screwed onto these these nipples . . . It seemed a lot of work to me compared to getting a Sanke Connector from eBay

Thanks for the reply aleman that sounds like alot of hard work but i wasn`t talking about changing the sanke connector, i was talking about putting a cornelius style " lid " with a pressure release valve thingy on a commercial keg so i can get my home brew in and be able to clean it properly,

That will need some serious fabrication to be safe!!! ever heard the story about the landlord that got his head blown off trying to put beer back in a keg :nono:

Didn't I read a previous post where someone had a 'ball' type fitting that went on a pressure washer, they were using to clean casks?

But if you could get the fitting off the keg once pressure released (I assume you can get a tool for this instead of a hammer and screwdriver which I'll admit to using in the past ) you could surely use the same system.

Would seem a better route to look down than trying to re-fabricate a pressure vessel...

Latest posts

Back