co2 tank valve

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenwest1

Landlord.
Reaction score
i have just had a thought so bear with me
i am a scubainstructor and i have quite a few diving tanks
could i get a co2 valve / tap that fits my dive tank then have it filed
if so where
cheers guys

I very much doubt anywhere would entertain filling that with C02. Different gasses requires different tanks and I suspect the fact that C02 bottles weigh so much (gas aside) is for good reason (2000PSI was it?). I would imagine that there are extremely strict laws regarding the storage and usage of different gasses with different bottles and valve types.

I'm not qualified to say otherwise but I doubt it's approved for storage of C02. You would be better off phoning a gas supplier and asking them but as I said I very much doubt that anyone would do this as I feel it would be an incredibly dangerous thing to do for a variety of reasons.

right i have got to the ottom if this idea and yes you could use a 300bar diving bottle BUT the tap that screws n to the tank is a different thread than co2 taps due to the scuba tank holding a higher pressure that a co2 tank will
so its a no go
nothing to do with the tank but all to do with the tap
that was from air products technical
never mindwill have to have another idea
the cheapest i have found is 65.00 for a 5kg bottle then 20 for a fill from regal fire near southend

Here in the northwest, there are several places where you can get beer gas for £10 deposit and £12 refill, £65 sounds expensive to me, if you hire it you don't have to worry about the bottle being tested.

darrenwest1 said:
that was to buy the bottle ot hire it
In effect you're never actually buying the bottle, you're buying the contents and the bottle remains the property of the gas supplier. :)

no buddy you buy the bottle outright as you are resposnable for the test every 5 years and they refil it for you while you wait for 20 quid

In that case I stand corrected. :) Generally though, when you get a bottle where you've paid a deposit the bottle remains the suppliers property. The advantage of this is that they themselves have to get the bottle certified at the required intervals. :)

Latest posts

Back