co2 injectors

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streamer13

Reaction score
I recently bought an adapter to inject co2 sparklits bulbs into my beer sphere and king keg barrels. It was supplied with a small red rubber washer to insert into the top of the pin valve adapter. I found I couldn't get the thing to pierce the bulb when using this rubber washer as the pressure was such that I'm sure it would have broken the bulb holder before it was going to pierce the bulb. I therefore had to use it without the washer and it wasn't successful as the gas I injected only served about 5 pints of beer before it run out again.
Has anyone had similar problems with these things or can anyone maybe advise on whether it would be necessary to use this washer and maybe reduce it in size a bit or if maybe the small co2 bulbs are really a bit of a joke.
I have read that they usually do the job fine and if the barrel is about half empty one bulb is enough to empty the barrel.
I'm wondering if I have slackened the valve trying to get the thing pierced using the washer or if the gas has mostly escaped when I had to use the thing without the washer.

Back