Charlotte Dujardin pulls out of Paris Olympics

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Team GB athlete Charlotte Dujardin pulls out of Paris Olympics after 'whipping horse 24 times'​

Referring to a video of a coaching session, Ms Dujardin said what happened was "completely out of character" and "does not reflect how I train my horses or coach my pupils".​

I have seen the video and she hits the horse with a very long whip more than once 24 times may be an exaggeration, (cannot embed it here using my phonec)
Horse lovers are phoning 5 live to say how horrified they are and rightly so but as others said how did the people who like to watch dressage think they got the horses to do something so unnatural, the use of this long whip has been going on for years who decides how hard the trainers hit the horse with these whips, the trainers have been ringing in to say they don't hit the horses hard but the public are not having it and are saying whipping should be banned in all horse racing and events.

On a seperate note why did it take 4 years for the person who owns the video to go public and only three days before the event, I smell a very fishy fish.

Last edited:
"does not reflect how I train my horses"

That's just complete nonsense. I'm not in the world of dressage, but people close to me have been and they are astounded that so many people are surprised and shocked at this revelation, as if all you need to do to encourage a horse to perform in this way is to offer it a couple of carrots and stroke its forelock.

I'm totally against all forms of violence against animals (regardless of how many times my cat bites me - it seems to be a one way street!), but the traditions are difficult to abandon in certain circles; rather like fox hunting.

I totally agree Tim.

I forgot to link to the full article I am on my phone and in a bad signal area if anyone can add the link I would appreciate it it's well worth a read.

It stinks Rod that it has taken 4 years and just before the Olympics, smacks of a competitor behind it having said that should it be a way to train horses who knows and do all trainers do it to get horses to do what they want?

I'm sad but glad to have heard this. So I'll not watch dressage anymore. What about other horse sports? hitting any animal (unless you are under attack from one to defend yourself) is never a kind thing. To do it in the name of sport is abhorrent.

Here is the video.

She shouldn't be allowed to *ride in competition again there is no excuse for how hard she is hitting this horse that has done nothing wrong . :mad:

* It says in the video she hits it more than 24 times so i would go as far as to say she should not be allowed near horses again along with the person behind the camera who finds it so funny.

Last edited:
Looks like the opposition has just got rid of her

It was taken two years ago. Her solicitor made the point that we were in various stages of lockdown 4 years ago and doesn't know where this number came from.

He also said that she took a lot of convincing to come forward because she assumed that it must be standard practice given the profile of Dujardin, and was worried about the potential for backlash. Pretty understandable given how big the story has become.

Even if you think the motives behind the video being released aren't pure, nobody can condone the content of the video, surely?

I hope she gets a lifetime ban, and there is a comprehensive investigation into the sport. Why, we effectively have a circus act at The Olympics anyway is beyond me.

Another sport for the well to do who think they can do what they like, so not only has this person who released this video elimanated the opposition, has also opened a very large can of worms for the whole world to see

I agree with your second point. Do we have evidence that the video was taken/released by a competitor, or is this conjecture?

Even if you think the motives behind the video being released aren't pure, nobody can condone the content of the video, surely?

I know this was not aimed at me but I do feel releasing it 3 days before a competition was too much of a coincidence, i do hope nobody could condone the content.

I know this was not aimed at me but I do feel releasing it 3 days before a competition was too much of a coincidence, i do hope nobody could condone the content.

Perhaps, but I wouldn't necessarily extrapolate that the motives were one of eliminating competition. Perhaps it was to ensure the story wouldn't be buried. Releasing it now has ensured we're all talking about it.

Perhaps, but I wouldn't necessarily extrapolate that the motives were one of eliminating competition. Perhaps it was to ensure the story wouldn't be buried. Releasing it now has ensured we're all talking about it.

I guess we will never know for sure.

Its a shame they didn't come forward earlier i dont believe for a minute its a one off the laughing behind the camera demonstrates how little they thought of the animals welfare.

Ordinary people like us do not understand these these silver spoon toffs or arty farties as we call them round were i live, they are like the hunting brigade who go out with a pack of dogs chasing a single fox these people don't care a rats ar-e about animals the money is more important and the medal round there neck stood on a podium taking in the adoration for the masterful performance they have put on, na she should be in stocks and given a public lashing

Ordinary people like us do not understand these these silver spoon toffs or arty farties as we call them round were i live, they are like the hunting brigade who go out with a pack of dogs chasing a single fox these people don't care a rats ar-e about animals the money is more important and the medal round there neck stood on a podium taking in the adoration for the masterful performance they have put on, na she should be in stocks and given a public lashing

I'd be up for her being whipped to see how she likes it.

Back