CAUTION : Man Flu - Comfort Food Needed!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite early concerns and the air amb on standby "doctors (the wife)" now say that the patient (me :whistle: ) is in a stable condition. And I quote "ready to get to work and stop laying it on, di*khe*d"

I'd hasten to add that despite my serious condition I did continue to work where others may have not, and will accept no praise for this herculian effort (sp).

Toad in the hole rules.

:thumb:

Comfort food mmmmmmmmmm

Proper Irish Stew made with neck mutton and a good dollop of pickled red cabbage on the side.

& a pint of stout.

Or Toad inth ole made with top quality sausages and lashings of home made onion gravy.

Followed by a steamed treacle pudding and creme anglaise (custard)

UP

Wez said:
I'd hasten to add that despite my serious condition I did continue to work where others may have not, and will accept no praise for this herculian effort (sp). :thumb:
A true warrior........... :thumb:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Wez said:
I'd hasten to add that despite my serious condition I did continue to work where others may have not, and will accept no praise for this herculian effort (sp). :thumb:
A true warrior........... :thumb:

Thank you.

A weak but stable, Wez

shhhh :drunk:

You swine, coming in The Snug with all your germs, you've given it to all of us! :twisted:

My commiserations Wez, I am also recovering from this life threatening man flu. I went to London for a couple of days for a 'business meeting' two weeks ago and herself says it was the massive quantities of beer I drank with the buddy I stayed with that lowered my resistance! Bless her, just because she's a nutritionist and a teacher she thinks she knows about this stuff. Still, we have to let them have their little jobs eh?

I think I'll be able to get off the sofa tomorrow

Simon

I feel there may ba a pandemic on the horizon gentlemen! I too have succumbed to this 'plague of man!'

I have valiantly made my way to work this morning as I feel that any shred if strength I still have should be used for the greater good.

I have however a silver lining. As I have been working my ******** off lately at work (3 days off in a month!) the Mrs is taking me out for tea (so long as I feel up too it!) at the local ale bar/brasserie! They always have good 'man flu' remedies on offer! Sausage and mash, steak &ale pie, etc etc!

I feel my affliction may last some time! :D

If it is a pandemic I think we should all be wearing one of these

swine-flu-surgical-mask-protection.jpg

I have got mine on now.

We might type with a muffled voices but at least we will be protected.

We cannot afford for all of us getting man flue,

the nation relies on us sorry if I offended any of our female forum members but it is true

Best of luck chaps stay safe

:cheers:

AG

Back