brupaks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hicups

Reaction score
Hi all I think I have problem I brewed a brupak bitter it said to rehydrate the yeast which ihave never done on all the other brews that I have done.the thing is I went by the instructions but the brew is just sitting there doing nought?
for the cleansing/steralising I used Chemipro I have read some reviews. Has any one any tips advice? by the way the bre is 3 days old.
cheers steve

I take it there is no sign at all of fermentation having occurred. Have you taken a gravity reading?

How did you rehydrate the yeast?

If it hasn't started after 3 days you need to pitch some more yeast as soon as possible. Remember to aerate again just before pitching.

thanks for taking time to give tips I did everything as per brupaks instructions rehydrated yeast in one cup of tepid water for about twenty mins as I said I have never done a brew this way and I aereated for five minsI don't think I will try these kits again

What is the definition of Tepid?

Mine for example is around 30C . . . My daughters (judging by the shower temperature when I get in after here :twisted: :twisted: ) is around 45C . . .it has a big impact on yeast viability.

If you are going to rehydrate yeast you need to use a thermometer to measure the temperature and not guess it!!!

On the other hand it could have finished, and you have missed the fermentation . . . as others have said what was the OG and what is the gravity now??

Latest posts

Back