Brupaks London Bitter mash kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisb2k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've just dug out the London Bitter mash kit that came free with my AG equipment. I want to use it but I dont really want to make a bitter with it, so was thinking of using the grains and then adding my own hops etc. to the boil, maybe alter the recipe a bit

Question is - what's in the kit? It comes pre-mixed and I've also no idea what grains they use or the hops they ship with the kit, or what yeast even.

Has anyone any idea what grains and hops are used or has anyone perhaps altered theirs?

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

C.

Sorry, but I think if it has been designed as a bitter kit, (and Brupaks have a good reputation) you would be asking for trouble if you try turning it into something that it is not. when you don't really know what is in there.

Yep

I use these alot. It is malt extract not individual bags of grain lie that old tom cakston idea. It is a good beer. My only problem is I live in a warm flat and cant get the temprature down low enough to clear it. Currently 18c

Well this is just a big bag of mixed up grain, not a malt extract, so potentially I could play with it but it's probably best not too as doyley says. If I make the bitter and I dont like it I've got plenty of friends who will - it will keep them off my other brews :)

Thanks guys - still if anyone has any ideas on this front I'd be happy to hear them

Cheers

C.

Latest posts

Back