Brunken Dastard's Big Bad Brewery Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitted the casters the other day, which was a nice simple job. I was worried that only having 3 bolts in each would be a problem, but it's more than strong enough to hold the kegs full of water :)
i78q55.jpg

98wlk1.jpg

Today I ordered some aluminium tread plate for the top and shelf of the brewery - having it cut to size with a lip folded over the front so It's easier to clean.

I'll probably fit that next week but first job is to brew the first batch! Will be brewing a batch of ordinary bitter on it on saturday - will probably just do a 5 gallon batch to start with, anyone got a recommendation for a good recipe using east Kent goldings? H

The aluminium arrived today! Looks great I think : )

WUsCD.jpg

MfzYl.jpg

I had planned to just have shelves on the top two bits but they've given me the offcut from the sheet I got, and it's big enough to do the two bottom shelves too! :)

Here's a couple of things I'd do differently if I were to do it again:

Buy all the parts before starting work on it - make sure all the fittings were correct.

Instead of using tank connectors, I would have a good welding company weld fittings into the kegs. I would work with BSP fittings.

Instead of using kegs I'd use stainless stock pots or nordic pots.

2 pumps

if I used kegs I'd make a jig to cut the holes in the top

I'd mount the outlets of the kegs on the bottom - this way draining the kegs and cleaning them would be far easier!

some good advice there. I'm hoping to upgrade from my plastic set up come the new year.

Latest posts

Back