Brewing with rosewater...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of a chocolate stout with rosewater for Christmas - with something like a Turkish Delight-tasting beer the end product.

Anyone have any experience brewing with rosewater - when to add etc. Assuming very late in the boil, if at all or even add when bottling?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

I'm thinking of a chocolate stout with rosewater for Christmas - with something like a Turkish Delight-tasting beer the end product.

Anyone have any experience brewing with rosewater - when to add etc. Assuming very late in the boil, if at all or even add when bottling?

Thanks,

Steve
Personally, I think that sounds horrible! But I would just add the rose water to the fermenter or even bottle. Boiling will almost certainly drive off a lot of the aromatics, if not alter the flavour (I've never cooked rose)

I would add by taste at bottling time. Have a 100ml is a glass, add slowly & accurately with a syringe. Then do the maths. But I am with you gonzo (shuddering thinking about it 🙂)

Latest posts

Back