Brewday : Fledgling Pride Sun 5th Oct

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garage = 12c Kitchen = 21c

These FV's have been housed in the kitchen now :)

The Mrs was overjoyed that I managed to do a brew yesterday without cluttering the house or utility room, now she has 2x 25L FV's glugging away in the kitchen :rofl:

Hey! I can't see the piccy's :cry:

Aha! I can, it's my archaic pc being slower than a really slow thing. :roll:

This is down to 1.010 now so it's a good 6% :party:

That'll do nicely :drink:

:drunk:

The new shiny performed perfectly Voss :thumb:

I plan to shield the boiler from the draught from the garage door next time I brew as I think it'll get up to the boil faster, also I think that it might be a good idea to have the boiler sat on some wood (loft boarding) rather than straight on the metal shelf, what do you recon?

Does anyone insulate SS boilers?

also I think that it might be a good idea to have the boiler sat on some wood (loft boarding) rather than straight on the metal shelf, what do you recon?

I'd defo do that. The shelf will be acting as a heat sink. Mine sits on wood, loft boarding should be fine :cool:

I plan to shield the boiler from the draught from the garage door next time I brew as I think it'll get up to the boil faster

Never a bad idea, a cheapo camping mat could be tied around it, that'd do the job providing it didn't melt, or some of that foil insulation stuff :cool:

The shelf will be acting as a heat sink

Yeah, I wondered why the shelf was too hot to touch after an hour! :lol: (not really) - I'll do that next time :thumb:

Cheers Voss ;)

I'll add my admiration for the boiler too :cool:
Sounds like all went well.

Wez said:
The new shiny performed perfectly Voss :thumb: Does anyone insulate SS boilers?

Got mine wrapped in a foil backed insulated camping mat and sat on a rubber mat. I reckon it will help with heating efficiency and be a lot safer especially if there's kids about.

Bottled and Kegged this tonight, thats 160 pints bottled or kegged in the last 2 days, brewing again on Sunday :party:

Thought that i'd post a 'finished product' pic of this brew

It's drinking really well for a 6% beer :drink:

040.jpg

Back