Brew Uk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glove81

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had an order from Brew UK recently? Placed order on 6th, still shows processing. Happy to wait as I've stuff on the go but thought there may have been some progress. Have emailed them days ago too as I wanted to add to order and that hasn't been replied to. Not moaning or in a rush, just curious on timelines.

I ordered on the 2nd, still processing too, yet they state they have caught up with orders on their website, still we have 3 more weeks of lockdown, but my beer consumption has gone up and stocks are running low!

Doesnt it say allow 7 working days or something similar on their website?

Plenty of suppliers still offering a decent service. I ordered from the malt miller on Tuesday and received today, 2 days.

I was going to order from them, but they had shut down their web ordering when I wanted to order, and Brew UK were still taking orders, guess I should have been patient, Malt Miller havent let me down yet

Hi,

Has anyone had an order from Brew UK recently? Placed order on 6th, still shows processing. Happy to wait as I've stuff on the go but thought there may have been some progress. Have emailed them days ago too as I wanted to add to order and that hasn't been replied to. Not moaning or in a rush, just curious on timelines.
When I have ordered something from them and then realised that I have forgotten something I have placed another order, chosen the collect option so I am not charged any more postage and left a note asking them to add it to the first order, quoting the order number. It's never been a problem. The other thing that works (but maybe not if they are short staffed and really busy at the moment) is to ring them.

You do have to look out for a window if ordering malt from MM but I got mine in two days. I've since ordered other bits which are confirmed for 24'hour delivery. They may not be the cheapest but they sure are good!

When I have ordered something from them and then realised that I have forgotten something I have placed another order, chosen the collect option so I am not charged any more postage and left a note asking them to add it to the first order, quoting the order number. It's never been a problem. The other thing that works (but maybe not if they are short staffed and really busy at the moment) is to ring them.

The poor guys are probably flat out and I am not needing the kit in a hurry so I wouldn't want to bother them with a call. Much better to bother you lot here.

Doesnt it say allow 7 working days or something similar on their website?
Actually, just realised where I saw it. It's not on their website but when I got an order confirmation last week by email it said current lead times are 10 days

I was going to order from them, but they had shut down their web ordering when I wanted to order, and Brew UK were still taking orders, guess I should have been patient, Malt Miller havent let me down yet
According to the malt miller website they only open the site to take malt orders after 4 o'clock. This is because they mill all the malt fresh when they process each order so it slows their system down if a crush order is received during the day. So it looks like 2 days if your order contains malt, 1 day if it doesn't.

Hi,

Yes, I placed an order on the 31st March and have no idea where it is. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with BrewUK because I have messaged them to find out what's going on and tried calling. I don't buy all this nonsense about having no one to respond to customers, it's just unacceptable in my opinion.

I ordered on the 30th March. Still waiting. Emailed 3 days ago and no response either. Also tried ringing, but got no Answer. When I ordered they said 7 days. I probably wouldn't mind so much if I had a follow up email, but so far nothing!

I think people need to be a bit more patient to be fair. Would they rather staff were actually boxing up and dispatching orders or would they rather staff were take away from those tasks to be answering emails/phone calls? (given that, if staff were prioritised to do the latter, the former is going to take a lot longer to do)

I think people need to be a bit more patient to be fair. Would they rather staff were actually boxing up and dispatching orders or would they rather staff were take away from those tasks to be answering emails/phone calls? (given that, if staff were prioritised to do the latter, the former is going to take a lot longer to do)
I don't know, but I expect there are much fewer staff than usual. It's quite possible the Greg and Tanya are having to run the business with a reduced headcount and, if they are like other home brew suppliers are reporting, a significant increase in orders.
I agree with you, people need to be patient

ordered mar31 delivered today (should have been yesterday but thats parcel farce for ya) order spot on, will buy with them again, when i'm not in such a blind panic and able to browse the site at leisure rather than haste...

Latest posts

Back