Bottling wand / little bottler on ss ballvalve

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubrewworx

Regular.
Reaction score
I ferment in kettle and bottle straight from kettle.

I currently use silicone hose on a barbed fitment to the ballvalve.

It's fast and I have it under reasonable control, but I'm thinking a wand / little bottled could be better?

Slightly less sloshing and risking oxidizing?

But how to attach to a 1/2 ballvalve tap?

Bottling wands are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofooooooooooooooooooooooooookinsloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

The double hander is simple to use, with a half fill offset. Just concentrate on the bottle you are filling, press the buttons simultaneously. The next bottle is half full when you start. Really saves some time.

The bouncer is stunning. I connect it to the lower pump tap on the BM. Bottling clear, day 6 or 7 fermented in kettle.

Attachments

• 20240916_061944.jpg
    20240916_061944.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240916_061916.jpg
    20240916_061916.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0
I see. I don't think I'd bother with a double.

What size tubing is required?

What's the purpose of the bouncer? Filtering?

The bouncer is a filter yes. Really fine, but still really good flow.

The party tap takes syphon hose (in) and gas hose (out) cut it flat and clean and it won't drip.

I think the prospect of cleaning bottles and actually bottling is what's putting me off brewing...its been a year. Contemplating digging out the old pbs from the shed but they're probably manky. Haven't got the space for cornies at the moment.

I only bottle 12 to 16 bottles per brew and it's not too much of a chore. The method mashbag uses is similar to mine, I just use the ballvalve lever to control the flow. But I see the benefit of the picnic tap.

I've contemplated pressure fermenting in a 10l keg, then pressure transferring to bottles on demand, I.e a few on Thursday for Friday night.

As well as traditional ferment and bottle, just to up my production.

Latest posts

Back