Bottling tip

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
Not sure how valuable you'll find this, but saw it on the TV last week and have been using it myself...

When emptying bottles (of water/cleaning fluids etc ... not beer!) slip a straw into the bottle before upending it. It needs to be an angled one so that air and get into it and therefore the inside of the bottle. No vacuum and bottle empties in half of the time. Works for me when I have a 'production line' washing - rinsing - sterilizing etc.

:cheers:

:nono: :nono: :nono:
Tony I see you have lead a sheltered life :lol: Have you never been on a 18 -30 holiday! How else could you drink a bottle of beer within 5 seconds ;) Chug Chug Chug :drunk:

:rofl: MD!
I have to admit that I never have been on an 18-30 .... and yes, I must be sheltered, I've only ever downed pints from the glass :D

CptnCrackoff said:
for anyone born pre 80's.... its called a Strawpedo.

Yup .. that's me, learning how to settle into the role of 'old fart'

CptnCrackoff said:
This has nothing to do with pervy scarecrows.

:rofl:

Yup .. that's me, learning how to settle into the role of 'old fart'
Yeah that's me as well, don't forget you are only as old as the women you feel :lol:
Can you say fart on the forum :? Sorry I did, it just slipped out ;) :lol:
Done lots of stuff ;) but never 18 - 30, now gonged out as nearly twice over upper limit. :)
It was a good tip as BB said :thumb:

CptnCrackoff said:
for anyone born pre 80's.... its called a Strawpedo. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This has nothing to do with pervy scarecrows.

:rofl: that mad I laff, I have several Wurzel type mates

Tony said:
Not sure how valuable you'll find this, but saw it on the TV last week and have been using it myself...

When emptying bottles (of water/cleaning fluids etc ... not beer!) slip a straw into the bottle before upending it. It needs to be an angled one so that air and get into it and therefore the inside of the bottle. No vacuum and bottle empties in half of the time. Works for me when I have a 'production line' washing - rinsing - sterilizing etc.

:cheers:

Even simpler....Just swirl the bottle or container whilst upside down to produce a whirlpool type effect. As the water escapes at the edges the air gets in up the middle. This will be faster than a straw which doesn't let so much air flow into the bottle. About 3-4 secs max for a 500ml bottle to be emptied when full to the brim. :thumb:

Smod said:
Even simpler....Just swirl the bottle or container whilst upside down to produce a whirlpool type effect. As the water escapes at the edges the air gets in up the middle. This will be faster than a straw which doesn't let so much air flow into the bottle. About 3-4 secs max for a 500ml bottle to be emptied when full to the brim. :thumb:

:thumb: Thats the one I use, looks pretty good when you empty a DJ ;)

Cussword said:
Smod said:

:thumb: Thats the one I use, looks pretty good when you empty a DJ ;)

DJ's empty super quick as you say. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back