bottleing beer from a carbonated keg?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just-Brew-it

Reaction score
just had a thought,
what i do when brewing is transfer all the beer to a keg with priming sugar in it then straight away fill up about 10 bottles from the keg with the sugary beer..........but i was wondering if i could leave the keg to carbonate first and then bottle around 10 bottle's, probably won't get all the yeast sediment in the bottom of the bottle? what do you think?

i don't get it then, how do bottles of beer you buy stay carbonated in the bottle, i thought all they were doing was carbonating the beer then bottling it, thats what i'd be doing, no?

The best way I found is using a cornie keg, super chill the beer, slighty overcarbonate and put an extension tube on the tap so it reaches the bottom of the bottle, it will foam a little but this will expell the air, cap immediatly.
I looked into a counter pressure bottle filler but there is no need with the above method.
This will mean you need to get a cornie, well two at least ( A bird never flew on one wing) :D and a dispense setup, gas and a fridge. You'll go there eventually so may as well bite the bullet. Sean is right in a way, with a cornie you can crank up the pressure to suit when the beer is bright/clear.
Hope that helps somewhat.
Bru

i've got one of those special tube things for bottleing which doesn'tlet the air get to the beer,

how long does your beer stay carbonated in the bottle afterwards?

I put my kegs in the fridge and gas them then bottle using a plastic tap a length of beer line and a No2 bung. Not the most gassy beer in the world but the same as from my kegs.

There is a youtube clip of the idea I stole here

thisexplains it well

Latest posts

Back