Bottled Pee

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogaboogachief

Reaction score
101_4757.jpg

101_4763.jpg

Got it bottled yesterday sweetened a little ove a gallon with black cherry kool ade. Short on bottles so I use a couple fruit juice jugs for short term storage. In other words it is the test jug. Mike

How much sugar did you use out of interest? I did a straight Cherry and a Tropical Fruit with sugar to take them up to about 7.5-8%. I can't see your pics because of the work firewall, but the odd thing was the yeast stripped all the colour out of mine, so I was surprised to see both went almost completely clear.

ALMOST completely clear? :wha:

WTF does that mean?

If you can't read a newspaper through it (and I mean the small print) it's not ready to bottle.

I can read a paper thru it easy enough. I doubt it would lose any more color than it already has. Two months old and it is ready to drink. Aging doesn't do this brew any good. Mike

Moley said:
ALMOST completely clear? :wha:

WTF does that mean?

If you can't read a newspaper through it (and I mean the small print) it's not ready to bottle.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Speak ya mind man Moley :thumb:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boys... :nono: :roll:

I think you are cross purposes as to which "clear"

I believe Jonny69 means that the colour has been stripped out, not the clarity of the final product.

:oops: So let us try again now that I'm sober.

What is the brew? If that's skeeter pee I've had a search around the web and it looks like it can be anywhere between hard lemonade and lemon wine. Yours is in wine bottles with corks, so it can't be fizzy.

Almost completely colourless? Agreed. Did you add campden tablets when racking? They will strip colour.

Almost completely clear? No it isn't, that's well hazy, did you use pectolase?

Edit: Hang on, have you edited the "almost completely clear" out of the original post, or am I mixing your post with Jonny's?

I had to test a Corny of fizzy WOW and I may have tested more than I intended :drunk:

It sure does taste good!! This is not a wine anyhow so all that really matters is how it tastes and it is good. Don't look hazy too me and no sediment on bottle bottoms.Mike

Hahaha, excellent bout of alcohol-induced confusion :D

Kool Aid is brightly coloured, the sorts of colours that make parents nervous when they let their kids drink the stuff. I didn't Campden mine, the yeast stripped out most of the vivid red colour and the end brew was almost colourless. I was quite impressed to see the might of the British yeast take battle with American artificial color [sic] and win :lol:

Cherry-Kool-Aid-1.JPG

This is my vino in the feck test. It's what I would consider completely clear :)

Vino.jpg

The first pic in the first post isn't anywhere near ready for bottling IMO. Unless of course there is something different about the type of wine etc, as already mentioned.

I believe it is in the lighting. With a back light it looks like water. There are no sediments in the bottles, Did I mention there are only six bottles left from a five gal run. My gutiar picking friends seemed to like it pretty well. I am glad I didn't wait any longer. The directions on the original website say the same thing. As stated before this is not a wine but intsead a hard lemon drink. Mike
101_4771.jpg
:drink:

Back