Blueberry & coconut stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrin_Abara

Reaction score
E59797C1-ECDB-4632-85E9-73966F7D3457.jpeg

Has anyone done the coconut and blueberry stout recipe from this book and if so, is it awesome? I was thinking about doing it for the Christmas thirst 😃

Attachments

• 40EDFEF9-50BB-4D0A-AC56-3FB3DD86E9C2.jpeg
    40EDFEF9-50BB-4D0A-AC56-3FB3DD86E9C2.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 44
I can't see the recipe, unfortunately, so unless someone has brewed this themselves, you may struggle to get much feedback!

A bit of a coincidence as I had thought of doing this. I had looked through the book last night for ideas on using up the 500g of coconut left over from a chocolate, coconut stout I kegged at the weekend.

The coffee, vanilla and maple Imperial stout on the opposite page sounds fantastic though.

I've played around with the recipe a bit, increased the chocolate malt, increase the alcohol a bit and halved the IBU's, not sure if that will make it too sweet now though.

Did you use the recommended amount of coconut, how strong a flavour did it impart?
I didn't do the Greg Hughes one but done a basic stout recipe with 100g toasted coconut in mash, 100g in boil (along with Cocoa powder) and 300g in fermenter. The sample that I had from the trial jar gave a nice subtle coconut taste and tasted promising. Not sure how long the coconut taste will last though

Latest posts

Back