BIAB Bag material

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbont

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable material to use as a bag in my buffalo boiler. Been looking at voile sheets on ebay but cant seem to find what i need.
Thanks

I bought off the bay, not good, the voil is much too fine if I buy any more I'll go to a shop so I can see it first.

Yellow pages for Habidashers or even fabric or check the forum sponsors maybe one sells ready made bags.

Atb. Aamcle

I just bought 5 gallon paint strainer bags made out of net curtain material. Downside is they were fairly expensive, but it's a one of purchase as they are reusable obviously. I think I paid 12.99 for 4 x 5 gallon bags.

I bought a few army laundry bags from ebay and took them to my local Zipyard outlet in Glasgow. They stitched two of them together with reinforced seams for only £5. Used it a few weeks back and had no problems.

The seller on ebay is called arturbernarduk

Get yourself to Dunelm Mill. I bought voile, cord, and some fabric strips to reinforce the top and the seams of the bag and it came to about a fiver. Then I went to my mum's and borrowed her sewing machine for a couple of hours, and it was done! Fits my 50l pan, and today it had 6kg of soaking wet grain in it with no problems.

Back