Belgian style brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhinopig

Reaction score
Hi,

One of my favourite drinks (because usually it's on a 2 750 ml bottles for a fiver deal) is Leffe Brun. Can anyone suggest a decent home brew kit like this?

To be honest ive never seen a belgian beer kit. We made a begian blond last week but it was all grain. The amount of grain needed to get the stregnth nearly filled our 32 litre mash tun :D

Rhinopig said:
Thanks for the tips. Brewfirm Belgian Abbey looks like a good bet.

I used to brew little else but Brewferm kits - they are very nice.

If you want a special treat, when you get to the first week in August, brew their Christmas beer. It only makes 7 litres but it's utterly magnificent. It requires no added sugar for fermentation and none for conditioning. Do not be tempted to open one for a sneaky taste until it's had at least 3 months maturing - it will be nice and soft but very flat. However, it really does kick on in time (you bottle when the gravity reaches around 1020 - or a little higher as it tends to 'stick' around 1024) - but it does condition well with a magnificent creamy head with great retention, and the spices are delightful.

I always keep one from the previous year - then drink it on Christmas Ale brewday the following August. It's an Ouroboros thing - an endless loop (usually depicted as a snake encircling the universe, eating its own tail). The missus does the same with Christmas puddings. I prefer my way.

Brewferm are great! I love their Tripple. Word of warning though, NEVER use sugar over malt extract, and NEVER used hopped malt extract when adding to a kit. Actually, I think my next brew might just be a brewferm.

Back