Anybody making custom labels?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard that you can paint the back of a plain paper label with milk and it'll stick pretty well the the bottle when it dries, but then comes off easily. I've never tried it though
The milk works really well, I use semi skimmed as it's all we have in the house.

I paint some on the bottle and then on the back of the label and they stick very well and come off easily when soaked.

Has anyone used the online sticker/label shops like:

https://www.stickershop.co.uk/produ...ted-vinyl-labels-stickers?variant=17676319301
More expensive, but I was thinking if making some with a logo for my 'brewery' rather than individual labels for each beer. Therefore I'd want them to last many brews, and therefore be at least a bit durable/waterproof.
I did notice on the Avery site that they had waterproof / freezer proof labels that you could buy. They sound a lot more durable than plain paper.

+1 for milk.. I've bottles that I did like 4 years ago still with the labels on good and firm.. and they only require a quick soak in water and they'll come off easy enough.

Plus me for milk. Sticks best if you apply it to the back of the label, leave it for a minute to soak in, then stick the label to the bottle .
If it's damp and mouldy where you store your bottles though the labels will go mouldy.

I found a app called LogoKit in the app store. There are loads of templates you can customise or design your own. I copy & paste onto a plain A4 sheet, 6 for wine or 12 for beer. I stick them with prit stick.
These are the last ones I have used
C6549296-748D-4D05-9D8A-E038BBE104CE.jpeg
AB441C07-04F2-4B38-8E1B-B0CF23B4412E.jpeg

word, colour lazer printer a craft knife and either pva or milk to stick labels on.

I had a book last year relating to beer branding design and I changed from an unique design per label to a common theme. It's now uber quick to make a new label up. using a flag motif with the colours representing the country the style is from. colours may look off but still tuning the screen to the laser printer output. I'm not sure if the kyocera has pantone calibration ...blah blah....

1669798553217.png

The goodrich brewery part so far has always been black with white writing as black on white looks naff on the label and all the flags depicted have black or white in them.

Latest posts

Back