Any decent beer @ Lidl?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeltz

Landlord.
Reaction score
My brewbuddy bitter kit needs a little more time to mature, I'm going to brew a few kits now to get a little ahead of myself but in the meantime I'm going to buy some beer to tide me over a week or 2.

The easiest supermarket for me to get to this week is Lidl, so are any of their beers any good? (especially if they come in nice brown bottles ;))

You do get some good offers on in Lidl... especially the ales which you used to be able to pick up for a quid a go sometimes.

I must admit, and I know it's not gonna win me any friends on here, but I really quite liked Grafenwalder, especially when it used to be 75p a tin. Very refreshing. In fact I liked it so much I wrote a song about it :-

http://soundcloud.com/naga-beat/the-grafenwalder-experience

Which may well put you off! But at 81p a tin I'd encourage you to try one for experiments sake and let me know what you think of it...

DC

They generally have something worth buying. Often one of the Wychwoods.

My bottle conditioned beer doesn't cope well with 3 hours around bendy roads, so I nipped into Lidl about 3 weeks ago on our way to the in-laws.

They had a few Shepherd Neame brews @ £1, but I bought Ringwood Boondoggle, 8 for £8.

Offers change regularly, but there's usually something worth considering.

Titus A Duxass said:
Pearlfisher said:
Can't remember whether is was Lidl's or Aldi , but I wanted to try some wheat beer and their Arcobrau Weissbier was excellent.

Bloody hell that stuff is for tramps!!

Must have some rich tramps in Leipzig ,it's about £2 for a 500ml bottle! :shock:

I tried it because I'd made some Brupak West Riding Wheat Beer and added 2 jars of honey but accidently brewed it short ,FV calibration was 2-3L out! and I wasn't really sure what a wheat beer should taste like only ever tried Cotswold Spring's Keeper Honey Wheatbeer.
It turned out like a very dry champagne mixed with Andrews Liver Salts :sick: , it ended up on the runner beans.
I've just kegged a Coopers wheat beer with a can of their wheat extract added , if it turns out anything like the stuff at Lidls I'll be happy as a pig in ****.

I can recommend Perlenbacher Premium Pils (what a name!). Quite basic German style pilsner from Mauritius Brauerei in Zwickau, the town where they made famous Trabant plastic cars. Crisp, refreshing, dry - ideal summer drink. For the price of ~€0.5 I'll drink it for the whole year.

Well things conspired so I stopped in at a late Sainsbury's instead

Old Speckled Hen - now open - forgot how nice it is
Bath Ales - Barnsey
RCH - Pitchfork (bottle conditioned, maybe a culture starter????)

zgoda said:
I can recommend Perlenbacher Premium Pils (what a name!). Quite basic German style pilsner from Mauritius Brauerei in Zwickau, the town where they made famous Trabant plastic cars. Crisp, refreshing, dry - ideal summer drink. For the price of ~€0.5 I'll drink it for the whole year.

+1 :thumb:

oldstout said:
zgoda said:

+1 :thumb:

+2 Have had that a few times never disappointed

Hello by the way.

Latest posts

Back