Amy Winehouse...DEAD..Drugs??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnsleyBrewer

Reaction score
It's been announced that Amy Winehouse is dead, what a talent wasted and taken away by the scourge of drug use. :( :(

BB

She wasn't forced to take all the junk she did, her choice, & she did say NO NO NO.

Waste of a great talent agree,but hopefully some kids will be able to see her downfall and learn from it.

RIP

Troubled kid; highly talented. The two factors probably totally inter-dependent and related. Although she was mostly a mess, you just couldn't fail to be totally in awe of such a unique talent.

unclepumble said:
She wasn't forced to take all the junk she did, her choice, & she did say NO NO NO.

Waste of a great talent agree,but hopefully some kids will be able to see her downfall and learn from it.

RIP
Too true Unc, been using it as an example of the dangers of drug use to my 13 year old daughter...

Drug use isn't really a problem near me...I think :hmm:

BB

Stronger than me and back to black are etched on the disc of my ipod, RIP Amy :(

They where trying to make her go to rehab. Apparently she didn't want to go.

She's joined the 27 club. Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones and Robert Johnson all died aged 27. Spooky

this shows what drugs do to you....

MLxQ2.jpg

It is a big shame and she was a great talent. But she had a choice. I would never wish the death of anyone and don’t take this the wrong way, but on the day of the church service in norway to commemorate the lives of all those people and mostly children killed. I can’t help but feel a pang of annoyance and anger towards her, someone who had the chance of life and wasted it. When the people killed never got that chance.

Its a horrible world... :(

RIP to all

LewisA said:
It is a big shame and she was a great talent. But she had a choice. I would never wish the death of anyone and don’t take this the wrong way, but on the day of the church service in norway to commemorate the lives of all those people and mostly children killed. I can’t help but feel a pang of annoyance and anger towards her, someone who had the chance of life and wasted it. When the people killed never got that chance.

Its a horrible world... :(

RIP to all
I agree with every word, he'll be next Pete Doherty.
pete-doherty-1.jpg

Well people do take drugs and people do over do it and death can happen to anyone at any time, lets not dwell lol, i'd like to share a joke.

Alex Higgins and George Best are really happy, they just found out that heaven is getting a winehouse. :rofl:

I do feel sympathy for her family and friends for their loss, any death is sad, but I am also fed up of hearing about Amy's death! I don't feel it is unexplained, she abused her body with alcohol and drugs until it couldn't cope anymore. I do feel that she wasted what could have been an amazing life. She made bad choices and this is the result. Maybe I'm just bitter because I lost a good friend this weekend. He was found dead on Sat morning, his death really was unexplained as he had been up and about an hour earlier and at the age of 30, he was far too young to leave us. He did not abuse his body in the manner that Amy did and at present we have no explanation as to what happened to him. Life unfortunately dishes out some unfair things and I truly feel at this point in time that people who are hero worshiping Amy should have a good think about the choices that she made and realise that she basically did it to herself!!

dennisking said:
She's joined the 27 club. Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones and Robert Johnson all died aged 27. Spooky

Damn - We have to suffer Beiber for another 9 years.

evanvine said:
Barbara Striesland has talent.
I'm not a fan but I do know how to spell her name ;)

I'm not about to start pretending that I was ever a fan of Amy though, her only track present on my iPod is her cover of “Valerie” and I still prefer the Zutons' original (with the luscious Abi on sexophone).

Just got back from Norway, Amy Winehouse's death was given no more than a single paragraph buried in the middle of the paper. They had more important things to write about.

Back