AG4 - Cereal Killer **PICS ADDED**

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats good, you'll have to let us know how they are i'm keen to get some, where did you get yours from? any thoughts on the reusability?

wigwamheed said:
thats good, you'll have to let us know how they are i'm keen to get some, where did you get yours from? any thoughts on the reusability?

I wont really know about re-usability untill I have an empty one. I bought them from here, they dont say they are re-usable so possibly not. They are not "proper" PolyPins which I believe are re-usable so I guess I will have to wait and see...

I have not primed these either as the general concensus was to not prime them due to the potential of them popping...

I will post back with more information as I get it, any more questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them :)

Thanks. Just had a look on that site and think you're right about them beeing one use as they sell replacement 20l bags for £1.90 each when you buy ten and cheaper when you buy more.

Thats what I was thinking, wish I had checked a bit more closely when buying them though, I have a feeling that there was some home brew involved when I was buying them...

I will have to look into getting proper ones in the future though as I think that even if I can remove the bung/tap then when I put it back in it will not be as secure :(

I used to use these a lot when I bought wine from France.

There's a wine place next door to Eastenders in Calais (Is it still there?) which sells wine by the litre - they have huge vats of the stuff, varying quality. They fill the bag like you were filling a car.
They sell you the polypins too, but IIRC they expected you to wash out the bag and they simply replaced the tap.

I suppose if you could get them properly sterilised, you could reuse the taps too.

I don't remember that they charged you much for refilling them.

Last time I was there, the red wine was around €1.35 a litre.

Made a beer label :)

8591173257_63ebe25dd1.jpg

Really quite liking this now, going to be bloody hard when it runs out to leave the other pin un touched until TST :)

Really think I am going to have to bite the bullet and replace the nackered element in my boiler and get another brew on, think I only have 4 or 5 pints of mine left :(

Latest posts

Back